Yellow Clockwork

You could be right with campy. A few campy bikes were built around this frames period. The pedals, and rear mech also look campy, but I could be wrong. Original ground controls on it I think as well and probably mavic m6cd rims

Orange had a NOS frame like this at the old world champs a couple of years ago, it was lovely, we asked about the colour and were told it was an option they were considering at the time but only a small number were actually done so this us quite rare I'd say.

There were a lot of small batches of different colour schemes when I was there in 1990 and 1991. I remember a few yellow whites, there were also the matt orange frames as well and purple orange. All the faulty paint finishes (paint blebs and scratches) were stripped and powder coated either black and later, silver downstairs at Bairstows. When I started in march 1990 there were only a couple of campy group sets left and no more were ordered. They were expensive group sets, beautifully engineered but heavy compared to XT and Xcpro.
If this is campy equipt it will be 1 of only a handful of clock works and possibly the only yellow white built. If I had the time to pick it up there would be a bidding war on for that bike!

Ah. You worked there ? Was it pelon lane in kings cross ? I went down one day. God knows why : like my trip to the Bootle nemba just to talk forks with the Pace boys one time. I needed convincing about RC35s

I've seen two in this colour way in the last 5 years maybe. I don't want to go stupid on it and if someone needs it more that's cool. It's just handy that I'll be in that area next weekend. Fate maybe.

Yes 'twas down Pellon Lane, top end not hooker end. It was the upstairs part of Bairstows sheet metal engineering which Steve wade owned.
Bid away Mr Gingernut, as much as I would like it I haven't time to pick it up and the original style short head tube 19" is just too short for me unfortunately and 21" are a little rare.
I had a clockwork xt with rc30s and custom bar and stem in 1990 then in 1991 is stupidly sold the clockwork and had an Ali O. Big mistake, I hated the Ali O

Back