Kona Kula 18" 1996

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Note that £200 is a starting price not a BIN. As a starting price, I think it's too high to encourage an auction to get going and he didn't get a bid when he listed it last week.

The tyres alone must be worth a fair bit, albeit in my opinion they don't suit the rest of the colour scheme. The original tyres were biscuit, not orange, but black would look better than either.

The fork looks a bit short to me, which could spell trouble.

It's a strange thing about the psychology of it that if that £200 had been a BIN, it would surely have been pressed by now - but because it's just an opening bid, nobody has bid that same amount. It isn't logical - but then folks aren't logical.

Whereas an opening bid of 0.99 gets lots of people watching, and some of those people will get themselves into a bid frenzy at the death. Also not logical, but people do it.

nice 96 Kula, you dont see them often nowadays, and this one is quite stock except tyres, barends and some 0f the decals.

the Judys elastomers are shot and I would not be surprised to find the cartridge leaking, or being cpl. dry. The ride quality must be quite bad, if he rode it regulary.

collection only, too.

Back