Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:45 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:41 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Fair chunk of cash that, but looks tidy. Hope some here bagged so we can see more pictures

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:02 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

xxnick1975 wrote:
Fair chunk of cash that,

Not really, not when you consider that the frame would have cost £995, in 1994 (prices from DL's price list).

I think that was a more than fair price, and was very seriously considering a second bid at £350, but as I already have a CATS, I thought it would just have been greedy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:31 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Bargain IMO!

If I hadn't ruled myself out by buying a Goat then I would have been prepared to pay more than that. That isn't much more than I paid for mine without any forks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:04 pm 
Old School Grand Master

My comment wasn't meant to suggest its not good value.

Just for me, £300 is a fair amount of dosh, so would need to be reasonably sure of condition, size etc, rather than a 'punt'

Anyway, it's look a very handsome frame so I'm sure it will build into a cracking bike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:26 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

xxnick1975 wrote:
My comment wasn't meant to suggest its not good value.

Just for me, £300 is a fair amount of dosh, so would need to be reasonably sure of condition, size etc, rather than a 'punt'

Anyway, it's look a very handsome frame so I'm sure it will build into a cracking bike

I understood where you were coming from and it's a fair comment, but a frame as good (and as rare) as this really should fetch a sensible amount, it just doesn't often happen.

That said, the fact that I just spent a small fortune having a similar frame repaired and repainted may have some bearing on my opinion. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:37 pm 
Retro Guru

Thought I made a huge mistake 'outing' it as it seemed to kick off the usual hype that seemed bound to push it past its value. However, Im happy with the price! (I bid a lot more). I thought the top tube would be a bit long but it is the same size as Wadsy's old Beez Neez (below) and I have the same Tioga stem so can achieve the same set up, size wise which looks fine to me, if its not then I can sell it on but it is surely worth trying!

cheers
Matt

Attachments:
Lloyd BEES 17.5%22.jpg
Lloyd BEES 17.5%22.jpg [ 166.54 KiB | Viewed 64 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:44 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

NeilM wrote:
xxnick1975 wrote:
Fair chunk of cash that,

Not really, not when you consider that the frame would have cost £995, in 1994 (prices from DL's price list).

I think that was a more than fair price, and was very seriously considering a second bid at £350, but as I already have a CATS, I thought it would just have been greedy.

FWIW, I suspect if we are looking at the same DL price list, that has been incorrectly marked 94, it really reinforces your point on the Fabricators original RRP. If we are indeed looking at the same price list then given its Older it truly presents very good value for money, especially given the condition.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:47 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Keep us posted please, you know how we love them pichers.

Carl, you may well be right about the price list, as I'm not convinced the date marked is when it was released and suspect it is older than 94.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:54 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

NeilM wrote:
Keep us posted please, you know how we love them pichers.

Carl, you may well be right about the price list, as I'm not convinced the date marked is when it was released and suspect it is older than 94.

If hand written on the top August 94, its been done by someone after the fact certainly.

This might well be where a lot of confusion has stemmed from online ref recent posts and Pm questions to be fair.

I have the same thing, it was released in late 90 for the 91 model year, and also coincides with the spec choices shown in the brochure, time line wise.

Its an innocent mistake to make, given its written by hand on the top, few would think to look closer.

Such a lovely frame for the money.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

dnbmatt28 wrote:
Thought I made a huge mistake 'outing' it as it seemed to kick off the usual hype that seemed bound to push it past its value. However, Im happy with the price! (I bid a lot more). I thought the top tube would be a bit long but it is the same size as Wadsy's old Beez Neez (below) and I have the same Tioga stem so can achieve the same set up, size wise which looks fine to me, if its not then I can sell it on but it is surely worth trying!

cheers
Matt

Matt,

A beautifully well made frame, with a lovely paint job, and like Wadsys deserves all the time the patience and love you can throw at it.

well done mate, great score. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next