Marin Team Titanium

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
yes.. tempted but the price it a tad high and the seller doesn't want to acknowledge the forks are in dire need of an overhaul.

taffy":9k9m3ykp said:
yes.. tempted but the price it a tad high and the seller doesn't want to acknowledge the forks are in dire need of an overhaul.

+1 yes, been watching this a few times on ebay. Same owner from new. Looks a nice bike but price is way too high and just looking at the compressed gators the forks are in need of an overhaul as per Taffy.

Mark

Do you think the price is way too high really? Surely the sum of the parts plus a decent Ti frame has got to be worth the asking price or at least close to it, regardless of the forks.

depends on your POV

he says everything in in A1 as new oerder. the forks are clearly fubar'd and hes ahas told me point blank they work so i'm a bid doubtful what else may be a bit worn out for £455 i don't really expect to splurge maybe another ton (or more) on new elastomer a magura service gear cable's, chain etc which will need doing.

I sold (and regret doing so) my mint 300 mile 95 team ti which bar a saddle was 100% original and mint as it could be for being used (even the original grey Quake tyres and a second set to save the originals!) for £600 (i could wait to sell it luckily i needed the money but wasn't desperate!)

I like it but for a 99p auction not one starting at 455 knowing it needs work if your looking to split it and heep the frame or just sell it off maybe :/

I would've thought yours was a steal at that price? I'm not interested in it but it seems like a reasonable deal. The seller has amended his listing now to include a reply stating that the forks do need a service.

Westfailure":3vxjvnid said:
taffy":3vxjvnid said:

+1 yes, been watching this a few times on ebay. Same owner from new. Looks a nice bike but price is way too high and just looking at the compressed gators the forks are in need of an overhaul as per Taffy.

Mark

Yes, you are probably right in that WAY TOO HIGH is an over the top statement. However, I do feel that the bike looks a little unloved and would need considerable spend and time to make it top notch. I guess I am just tight but a bike such as this that would probably need £400 spent on it (Fork rebuild, new cables, new tyres potentially, wheels straigtened potentially, new bearings, new bottom bracket) i would want a bargain sub £350.

Like I said, maybe I'm tight, no actually, I am tight but the seller could do a lot better with some decent and up close photographs. These don't show much detail which only leaves us guessing on the true state of the bike.

Reading the description and q and a I think the seller doesn't really know the condition hence I would proceed with caution...in fact I would want to see this in the flesh rather than having it delivered...and the ensuing PayPal dispute when other bits are,
'not in good working order' like the forks.
Has anyone asked if the seat post moves?

Latest posts

Back