Orange Clockwork. Ouch!!!!

Westfailure

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-Orange- ... 19deaa49cf

Been watching this with interest. Not from a buying perspective but more from......well, just out of interest.

Anyway, I expected it to fetch strong money but even so I was surprised at the final price. Someone has got a great bike though judging by the spec and pics.

Mark.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It does look great and I would think that to replicate the spec and paint you would spend that and more.

Must be someone here selling?

Sometimes people who love the bikes do not have the skills or patience so buy one already done. They are rare as you get more into the hobby but given these would normally be around the £250 mark then if a genuine sale I would imagine both parties should be happy?

Some makes are making silly money,including Orange.However some other makes ,such as Cannondale,struggle to fetch much as they don't seem to be as fashionable.Please don't get me started on Klein.

Saw this and was tempted. If it's as good as it looks then I don't think it's far off the money tbh (frame, forks and wheels would cost around £250 if bought individually) but I'd defo want to see it before spending that much.

What put me off is that it's a rebuild and not original. Made me wonder if the frame had been resprayed or if it's not quite as mint as it looks because I can understand a complete bike turning up as a barn find but not just a frame.

brocklanders023":19mm941w said:
What put me off is that it's a rebuild and not original. Made me wonder if the frame had been resprayed or if it's not quite as mint as it looks because I can understand a complete bike turning up as a barn find but not just a frame.
It does look like a respray doesn't it? It's difficult to say for sure, but the top sticker on the seat tube looks very much like a Tange Prestige Concept sticker. If so, it would be very much non-original!

Agreed Anthony. First thing to set alarm bells for me was how orange the oranges are on the top tube and down tube stickers compared to the faded ones elsewhere. As I mentioned, I'd pay the money but I'd expect the whole bike to be in original and very good condition.

Hi all wonder if you could help me. I have an old clockwork orange bike in the shed in good condition for a retro but was wondering what year it could possibly be serial no is A2070203.
I have looked everywhere but can't find a catalogue of it have asked my dad and he seems to think 1987???
So me being a women I thought you boys might know more than me Dad thanks x

Back