RALEIGH-MENS-LIGHTWEIGHT-BICYCLE-TITANIUM-ALLOY-

mate of mine had one identical to this. Said it was very flexy! He ended up selling it all on except the Rockshox!

I remember these when working in a Raleigh Bike shop in 1990 :LOL: ,
Was the 1st Raleigh with Rock Shox, I dont recall it being Titainum frame though ! Im sure that was the Dyna Tech and RSP series. The Listing says K2 Cromo Reynolds tubing with Titainum alloy h-bars which would seem correct.

Cant be many in this condition !

Remember looking at this in our Raleigh dealership in early 90's and pushing down on the rockshox while holding the front brake, with it wobbling all over the place - not too impressed, it seemed to bend in the middle!

here's more info on this Summit, didn't see anything about RSP in my catalogue though.

29.1/2 pounds not that light...

Attachments

• 100_7831-1.jpg
    100_7831-1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,089
  • 100_7832-1.jpg
    100_7832-1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,089
Aye- I looked at one way back then too- steel and heavy. The thing that attracted was the Rock Shox on a bike in this price range.

Raleigh Summit

I still have this bike. I had the Raleigh Peak which was the next model down and loved it, but some spazbo nicked it after about 6 months. Went back to bike shop for replacement and they only had summit - but as it was previous year it was £100 off. Mine is a 15.5" frame though and i remember the brochure being a little different to what is shown. I had to have the crown of the forks replaced after a couple of months as they had cracked, and then I broke the derailieur after putting a bit of pressure on trying to change lanes in front of a bus - this was replaced free - I had to have the bottom bracket replaced after a couple of years, but as I was a student I could only afford a cheap one - changed the whole feel of the bike - felt heavier (how could you notice I hear you cry - but it did) - I replaced the seat last year when I went to coied y brennin and Llandegla - It was a bit heavy up hill - struggled to keep up - but that was fitness as much as anything - but she flew down hills - (weight again) soft tail riding buddies could not beleave me keeping up - breaks are shite though now (remember them being much sharper) it is 17 years old now and I am thinking of changing it - but it is nice to see somewhere dedicated to these bikes - would like to hear from more summit riders (any left?)

Back