David LLoyd

There is also something very odd looking about the height of the head tube, or forks or something.....

Can't quite put my finger on it. It could just be because the seat post is slammed.

I would say CATS, which makes that the fourth or maybe fifth example (including mine) that I have seen photo's of (not including those from BITD).

Bit of a mish mash of parts, LX mixing with XTR... still, could be a bargain, I'll keep an eye on it for you TC ;)

You don't see many of those kicking about.

I reckon the combination of seat post and high forms makes it look very weird. I think k it would look ok with them sorted out.

Frames looks in ok condition though...

Was it only the Cats that had the Chrome stays

Hello, looks like somebody's having a prod as the price is already up to £14. :shock:

Not sure quite what the actual differences were between the CATS and the BEEZ. The CATS was the more expensive frame and from the brochure I have the paint and chrome on that bike are without doubt original.

I think those forks are a touch too long as the chain stays appear to be heading uphill very slightly. I don't know when Dave produced the last MTB's, but those forks may well have been a later addition.

I didn't think so, but as I've only ever seen one, I wasn't about to generalise, especially not with a hand made custom frame.

The sellers contact details suggests its a salvage yard or house clearance company......you just don't find bikes like this in that situation unless they've been pinched at some point....do you? either way its a nice find for someone :cool:

I reckon built up in the 90's, parked up and forgotten.

The forks have been spun around more recently, as the front tyre is installed backwards. As it's a quill stem, it would be pretty easy for someone to spin the bars round and 'fix' the forks.

Back wheel does not match the blue theme, so that may be the point at which the bike stopped being used.

It does look very original though.

Back