Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:49 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 1990 Kona Explosif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1249
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Nice 1990 Explosif with a fair BIN price or make an offer.

Item number is 221238529104 sure someone will know how to put a link to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1990 Kona Explosif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:23 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 7306
Location: Hove
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221238529104

Personally I don't think it's likely to make anything near that much. I think the disappointed/pleased range should be around £250-350.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1990 Kona Explosif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 4344
Agreed, more towards £280/90 since there have been a couple of even better examples in the last 3 months or so that were in the £320/350 range.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1990 Kona Explosif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:59 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1249
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd say this ones in better condition than the last one on ebay and that went for £360 plus. Also this ones got nearly all the original parts which would make it more appealing to buyers. Maybe the lad should've put it as an auction instead of bin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1990 Kona Explosif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:31 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:46 pm
Posts: 109
Location: manchester
id have thought around the £300 mark would be about right. One last year fetched around £300 with matching forks (looks like this has had a replacement part on the forks?).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1990 Kona Explosif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:12 pm
Posts: 3050
Location: Yateley, Hants.
Sworks00 wrote:
id have thought around the £300 mark would be about right. One last year fetched around £300 with matching forks (looks like this has had a replacement part on the forks?).


Track twos were original, a lot were replaced under warranty recall with p2s. This is original.

Carl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1990 Kona Explosif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:34 am 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Sunny Cornwall
drcarlos wrote:
Sworks00 wrote:
id have thought around the £300 mark would be about right. One last year fetched around £300 with matching forks (looks like this has had a replacement part on the forks?).


Track twos were original, a lot were replaced under warranty recall with p2s. This is original.

Carl


I think he's suggesting the crown looks like a replacement since the original Track 2 would've had a colour matched crown


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1990 Kona Explosif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:12 pm
Posts: 3050
Location: Yateley, Hants.
raidan73 wrote:
drcarlos wrote:
Sworks00 wrote:
id have thought around the £300 mark would be about right. One last year fetched around £300 with matching forks (looks like this has had a replacement part on the forks?).


Track twos were original, a lot were replaced under warranty recall with p2s. This is original.

Carl


I think he's suggesting the crown looks like a replacement since the original Track 2 would've had a colour matched crown


I see.

Carl.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group