Anybody seeing issues with ebay links on mobile device?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Was contact about this by a user in the week and finally been able to recreate it.

When an ebay link is clicked on certain mobile browsers (think just a normal ebay.co.uk one) you see a couple of redirects on your address bar but end up at the plain mobileweb.ebay page , i.e. not the item page. If you click 'show desktop site' in browser options you end up at the correct page.

Many other people seeing this? Only note this on one android browser on one device....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Strange thing is that it is not persistant. I was just clicking some links this morning in the train and all seems fine.

This werkend f.e. i could not open the Seinfeld Klein link. Thought it had something to do with the mobileweb in the link but Could not lay my hands on that. With that it seems all ebay links ended in some kind of ebay mobile startpage. This was on both the Htc phone and Samsung tab.

But this morning it seems fine on the HTC.

As best as I can tell issue is related to the stock browser on Android ICS. Can you confirm if this is the level you are on Martin?

All I can suggest as a work around short term is to use chrome or another browser. Can you confirm if this also resolves your issue?

Back