Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:48 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:33 pm 
eBay Outing Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 8000
Dazza have you decided what's happening with this yet?

I'm going to differ from sinn purely because I lack the pure passion he has and I am lazy

it's not the unicorn you thought it would be and to bring it back is going to cost half again and even then you will have that bitter taste in your memory

or it's ..it is what it is lets move forward

I suspect though the seller is not playing ball so likely to be a return with a full refund..which would be sad but if your hearts not in it then again it is what it is and time to move in


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3878
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
I think it'll be this one....

sylus wrote:
or it's ..it is what it is lets move forward


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:29 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 9:26 pm
Posts: 87
Location: Halesowen, West Midlands
I built several hundred 753 frames BITD, including this one, and repaired quite a few. I'd have been more than happy to fill that dent with a bit of silver solder, though it would need doing with a bit of care to avoid any distortion. Dave Yates is your man, he'll sort like new!

Shame it's battle scared but then that's what they were made for, isn't it?

Andy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:34 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
Featch wrote:
I built several hundred 753 frames BITD, including this one, and repaired quite a few. I'd have been more than happy to fill that dent with a bit of silver solder, though it would need doing with a bit of care to avoid any distortion. Dave Yates is your man, he'll sort like new!

Shame it's battle scared but then that's what they were made for, isn't it?

Andy


Thankyou for Posting your thoughts on it Andy, im sure the new owner as well as myself appreciates your imput, and knowledge.

Carl.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:02 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3878
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
sinnerman wrote:
Featch wrote:
I built several hundred 753 frames BITD, including this one, and repaired quite a few. I'd have been more than happy to fill that dent with a bit of silver solder, though it would need doing with a bit of care to avoid any distortion. Dave Yates is your man, he'll sort like new!

Shame it's battle scared but then that's what they were made for, isn't it?

Andy


Thankyou for Posting your thoughts on it Andy, im sure the new owner as well as myself appreciates your imput, and knowledge.

Carl.


+1 :)

Its great to get that sort of info from the man who most probably built the actual frame.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:50 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:24 pm
Posts: 572
Location: London
sinnerman wrote:
Featch wrote:
I built several hundred 753 frames BITD, including this one, and repaired quite a few. I'd have been more than happy to fill that dent with a bit of silver solder, though it would need doing with a bit of care to avoid any distortion. Dave Yates is your man, he'll sort like new!

Shame it's battle scared but then that's what they were made for, isn't it?

Andy


Thankyou for Posting your thoughts on it Andy, im sure the new owner as well as myself appreciates your imput, and knowledge.

Carl.


Thanks Andy for your advice on this! :)

Negotiations are still active with the seller, but if I keep the bike I'll take your advice regarding repairs.

Cheers!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 pm 
eBay Outing Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 8000
Is he actually in contact now chap?, don't forget you have a maximum amount of days to register a dispute should he not be forthcoming


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:39 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:24 pm
Posts: 572
Location: London
sylus wrote:
Is he actually in contact now chap?, don't forget you have a maximum amount of days to register a dispute should he not be forthcoming


Thanks for the info!!

I think it's best to keep this between myself and the seller for now.
If the solution is favourable I'll say so with minimal information.

Cheers,

Cameron


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:17 pm 
eBay Outing Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 8000
Totally understandable

Ebay/paypal gives you 45 days to register a dispute after that your on your own

twas I in your situation if I have not had any satisfaction to my expectation then allowing for different time zones, I would register a dispute on day 43...you can always drop the dispute later

anyways..good luck and hope this gets resolved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:39 am 
eBay Outing Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 8000
just asking because i'm interested.... how did this go?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: M-Power, raidan73, sztopi17 and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group