Weird issue

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Some days ago I made an offer on a German eBay Grove HardCore frameset (yes, incl. HC fork and Hammerhead).

I were the second highest bidder, so I didn't win :(

Now I received an email in my mailbox (yes, an official eBay mail): The item is offered to me again, as the highest bidder couldn't meet. In the email a link to the item with the original description and what I have to pay (my highest bid).

Okay, I contacted seller on what is going on: He is now saying he is offering it to me at that price excluding HC fork and Hammerhead!! I can have them all, but than I will have pay at least 500 he says!!

Yeah right, great party to deal with. Told him I understand he isn't really willing to sell anymore, that I have no interest in hassle and let the offer pass and that next time he should think twice before selling.

:roll:

Anyway, still no Grove

Yeah thats a common thing on ebay. They shill bid to get the auction price up then they offer the highest second bidder (who tends to be a genuine bidder) the item for the selling price. Well dodgy.

What I would do is this - say you want to see the evidence of him leaving negative feedback on the winning bidders account - then you will deal with him as proof.

second chance offers ARE regular things and had them happen to me

but you pay the price YOU bid , NOT the highest bid

Yeah but no but yeah but no but....

To prove that there isnt shill bidding going on surely you need some proof that the seller isnt conning you?

to be fair the items its happened to me on were not megabucks , so not an issue of shill bidding

but when talking about that amount it is an issue

jez-2-many-bikes":30h814k4 said:
Yeah thats a common thing on ebay. They shill bid to get the auction price up then they offer the highest second bidder (who tends to be a genuine bidder) the item for the selling price. Well dodgy.

Okay, interesting. I didn't see it from this perspective. I am not really a routine eBayer you know.

My point was more on that he did change his offer. On the eBay page it is incl fork and bar/stem combo (yes, also under the link that is provided me now), but by contacting him I learned he won't let them go for at least an additional 190 euros! Of course I am right, but not really looking forward to the hassle it will give when I buy through eBay. This makes me thinking what would have been happened if I didn't contact him?! I would have rushed into trouble. Actually he is a big @ssh*le :evil:

if he wants extra for what was originally in the auction , F--K HIM

you could report him to e bay for that !! against their rules

Back