Grove innovations hardcore (ebay.de)

"Rahmen ist mit Fertan hohlraumversiegelt!!! Sollte ewig halten. "

I indeed think the frame will hold centurys, but not thanks to the Fertan rust prevention. Fertan is only a converter and surface requires further treatment.

f1_1_b.JPG

Sturdy :)

beautiful frame, too bad it's been resprayed :( , would have liked to seen the original colors.

You feeling this one Melvin? Looks like it may go cheapish :D

rody

Yes, would be Cool at the right price point. There are some issues. Auction does not include fork, but fork can be acquired on request. Furthermore the steerer is to short to fit the frame. Seller is mentioning the option of take some of the headtube. That is not my choice. Would prefer adding some length to the steerer. Anyway not cheap. The frame without fork is a no option. Seller may be of a different opinion with his 'frame enables use of 10cm travel forks' comment, but I am not.

- Melvin

The seller is totally whacked about running a 100 travel fork, the frame was designed for half that! It already has a 13.5" bottom bracket, can't imagine raising it even more :?

He's not real specific on how much to aquire the fork and Hammerhead...got a feeling even with the short steerer tube he'd not let them go cheap. Pitty.

Decals gotta be repros, originals were water slide that were cleared over, difficult to apply but looked great when done right.

As for the fork, the steerer could be replaced but would require cutting out the old and putting in a new...not hard but somewhat time consuming.

Tell you what Melvin, buy up the frame, fork and bar, ship it to me then plan on coming to the states with Roy and we'll ride the snot outta the Groves :D . You do that, I'll fix it for free.

cheers,

rody

:shock:
:!:

Rody,

Attractive idea :D

Will mail the guy with some questions, like what his intensions are with the fork etc. Hope I get a sincere answer as from the ad he seems a bit easy going with his "any 10cm fork will fit" and "cut some from the head".

- Melvin

Back