Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:04 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:04 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:04 pm
Posts: 1800
Location: A wretched hive of scum and villainy...
:D
Quote:
Is it possible that Overbury's and Carrera were built in the same factory at this time (bearing in mind this is late nineties and past Overbury's 'best')?

They're just kidding: :wink:

It's probably more like 1993-4 and from different ends of the spectrum, production-wise...Overbury's = slightly reclusive Andy Powell custom builds it for you (eventually) in the back of his mum's bike shop in Bristol...Carrera = Generic Taiwanese TIG, badged up for Halford's, "I'll just get you one out of the box."

All the best,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 909
Location: London
danson67 wrote:
:D
Quote:
Is it possible that Overbury's and Carrera were built in the same factory at this time (bearing in mind this is late nineties and past Overbury's 'best')?

They're just kidding: :wink:

It's probably more like 1993-4 and from different ends of the spectrum, production-wise...Overbury's = slightly reclusive Andy Powell custom builds it for you (eventually) in the back of his mum's bike shop in Bristol...Carrera = Generic Taiwanese TIG, badged up for Halford's, "I'll just get you one out of the box."

All the best,


Well don't I feel a fool :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:33 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
ok the price is going mental,..... :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:48 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3882
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
Whoever m***0 is, he really wants it!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:57 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
I know after seeing some of Mr Ks posts, he has quite a collection of Sexy estays. Does he know this one is here too...?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:07 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5668
Location: Dorset
sinnerman wrote:
I know after seeing some of Mr Ks posts, he has quite a collection of Sexy estays. Does he know this one is here too...?


It's far too small for him, so best not to bother him with it :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:15 pm 
North Wales Deputy AEC
North Wales Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 am
Posts: 6218
I've cast/and will cast another bid - happy to talk to others with similar intent to avoid a fiscal bloodbath... ;-) You know where to find me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:29 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:40 pm
Posts: 3460
Location: The Royal Society of Insobriety
mrkawasaki wrote:
You know where to find me.


In the kitchen, at parties?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:44 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5668
Location: Dorset
Rod_Saetan wrote:
mrkawasaki wrote:
You know where to find me.


In the kitchen, at parties?


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:51 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 26170
Location: Moomin Valley
la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chrisv40, Tc and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group