Overburys Mountain Bike Frame

big.eck":2fplpsbu said:
i was hoping this would go under the radar :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

acht well :cool:

:LOL:

Karl is going to wet himself when he sees this, assuming he isnt halfway to Basingstoke now!

Slight differences in rear end to the only estay Overburys seen before, front looks the same though.

overburysestay.jpg

Wow! I wondered how long it would be before one of these turned-up.
Shame it's not got the same rear as the 'riddler' though.
Maybe this one was a bit later?

Seller obviously hasn't a clue what he's got there, and is probably very shocked by the bidding :LOL:
Watching ;)

makster said:
Wow! I wondered how long it would be before one of these turned-up.
Shame it's not got the same rear as the 'riddler' though.
Maybe this one was a bit later?

Makster.....thats the part that puts me off. I not keen on the rear triangle braces, and it doesnt have a rear brake cable hanger either, V-brake only.....bloody shame... :cry:

sinnerman":3apftvp2 said:
Makster.....thats the part that puts me off. I not keen on the rear triangle braces, and it doesnt have a rear brake cable hanger either, V-brake only.....bloody shame... :cry:

It needs a repaint anyway, so getting a canti stop brazed on should be no big deal? I cant see where the value is in this frame tbh, I know its rare, but I would say its already at twice what the equivalent normal shaped Overburys frame is worth.

Rod_Saetan":16u4o8fh said:
sinnerman":16u4o8fh said:

It needs a repaint anyway, so getting a canti stop brazed on should be no big deal? I cant see where the value is in this frame tbh, I know its rare, but I would say its already at twice what the equivalent normal shaped Overburys frame is worth.

By the time its sold, delivered, rear canti stop brazed, then paint, you will be certain to have little change from £600, i rekon... :shock:

And considering they dont come up very often, it would be a Travisty for this not to be built up properly. If someone had a spare Grand this could be a really stunning period correct build imho.

I would have to ditch all the spec its got currently though, i couldnt live with that.

Back