20" Redline Fifty-Five e-stay in Tacoma, WA

incorrigible":xwmb8nig said:
Good luck ever finding one of these again:

Besides my fiftyfive , this is the only one I have ever seen. Tange DB tubing with a 11/8 rigid fork. I suppose I need to build it up to find out if all the negatives about E stay bikes are true.
100_1605-1.jpg

i am seriously considering this one this time. might give the guy a phone call. only problem is i'm so busy on weekends i wouldn't be able to go for the next two weeks. it would be about an 8 hour round trip including border time. up side........get to buy some great american west coast ipa's while in seattle. mmmm good!!!
roy

Retro_Roy":233ltsjh said:
i am seriously considering this one this time. might give the guy a phone call. only problem is i'm so busy on weekends i wouldn't be able to go for the next two weeks. it would be about an 8 hour round trip including border time. up side........get to buy some great american west coast ipa's while in seattle. mmmm good!!!
roy
Roy,

This is the same bike I told you about last month. Maybe you could send him a deposit to hold it for 2 weeks? I guess shipping an entire bike across the Canadian border would be pretty costly, and then you have to hope it arrives in the same condition it was when it was sent, so I can see how a road trip is probably the way to go.

Will they let you bring beer back across the border? If not, you could probably stuff the bike frame full of beer-filled condoms! ;) :LOL:

hi
just picked the redline up this afternoon. haven't had much chance to look it over. first impressions are good though. will start a thread some day soon. :roll:
roy

hi
won't need much of a build. by the looks of it, this one is complete and ridable. only thing i may do is get the original wheels serviced/rebuilt and back on. more on that issue when i do the thread. other than that it's done.
roy

Attachments

• Redline Fifty Five.jpg
    Redline Fifty Five.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 978
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back