Ebay: LOOK FOURNALES CARBON SUSPENSION FORKS

I've got a set of similar vintage, and they've got proper 608 sealed bearings throughout, press fitted and held in with circlips, nuts on pivot axles for preload. Not the Delrin/Nylon bushings of the AMP/Lawwill/Girvin etc forks.

Still got the disc adapter and manual if needed.

All the best.

Fournales Forks

danson67":mi0msslu said:
I've got a set of similar vintage, and they've got proper 608 sealed bearings throughout, press fitted and held in with circlips, nuts on pivot axles for preload. Not the Delrin/Nylon bushings of the AMP/Lawwill/Girvin etc forks.

Still got the disc adapter and manual if needed.

All the best.

Dan, are you offering to sell those Fournales you mention? If size small, I'll take it. I actually have a medium but am willing to pick up another set just to get ahold of that disc brake adaptor and copy. Unless you could get that thing machined and sell them. Many people are looking for them. Let me know, Brian

Brian,

No sorry, not selling. :cry:
I'm happily using them on my Klein, just pointing out that the pivots on these lovely freaky forks are more solidly built than the AMP etc...

But I do have the disc adapter, I've used it, and it does work OK.
As my adapter is pre-2000, I had to thin down the disc tabs to gain the extra 4mm on the inside face and chamfer the bottom inside edge to clear the rotor bolts, but they could be re-designed to ISO2000:

More and bigger pics at:
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q289 ... 20Adapter/

I've got 3D CAD, so I'll try to draw it up, or I'm happy to lend, if you fancy getting some machined...

All the best,

Attachments

• IMG_8409.JPG
    IMG_8409.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,578
  • IMG_7855.JPG
    IMG_7855.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,577
I've got a set of these too with the bearings. The forks on eBay are the older style. There's a lack of machining on all the linkage pieces and the front is the screw on version. There's a lot of stiction in bushings and the bearing version of these forks are the most active forks I've ever ridden. Ask the seller for more info and better closeup shots of the pivot areas. Or wait as they come up a few times a year. 4 or 5 last year...

Fournales Forks

Hey Dan, Not blue suede but you might be interested:
http://www.steelbikereviews.com/k/?view ... le+Vintage

Always loved the Mantra. Very cool! Maguire brakes. Cool. What kind of hubs on those spinergy rims? Very Fat.

I'm not much of a computer guy, heck I can't figure out how to config my retrobike profile. Have a little bit on pinkbike with my bikes in the works: http://wickedlite.pinkbike.com/

But what I was getting at is you probably have a 3D CAD program to draw on computer. I wouldn't know what to do with it. I would love to borrow if possible. I would get quite a few copied to help everyone else out, maybe covered the cost for mine. I know many people are looking.

danson67":20wufuhz said:
Brian,

No sorry, not selling. :cry:
I'm happily using them on my Klein, just pointing out that the pivots on these lovely freaky forks are more solidly built than the AMP etc...

sdc10533_w800_h600_118-1.jpg

But I do have the disc adapter, I've used it, and it does work OK.
As my adapter is pre-2000, I had to thin down the disc tabs to gain the extra 4mm on the inside face and chamfer the bottom inside edge to clear the rotor bolts, but they could be re-designed to ISO2000:
IMG_7855-1.jpg

More and bigger pics at:
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q289 ... 20Adapter/

I've got 3D CAD, so I'll try to draw it up, or I'm happy to lend, if you fancy getting some machined...

All the best,

OK, I'll get working on the 3D Cad...then distribute it...

Off Topic:
The hubs are early Spinergy SPOX, with separate flanges bonded onto a carbon tube centre. They went over to all alu ones pretty quick, but they're nothing like as cool...

SPOKrear.jpg

Spoxfront.jpg

All the best,

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back