Pair skinwall Panaracer Timbuk II's $80 BIN

they're cheaper directly from FFB website. he's probably covering the extortionate epay fees.

i just bought myself a pair:

5179560187_7d0234ef63_z.jpg

ive ordered a pair of these back last monday any ideas how long they take to deliver?
i have a tracking number and it says they went through customs in miami on the 4th july

Should be about a week to get to the UK. Did you really pay $50 to have them shipped to you???

mfh126":2i860oww said:
Should be about a week to get to the UK. Did you really pay $50 to have them shipped to you???

I just shipped three foldable tires to Switzerland via USPS Priority Mail, and it came out to $48.70. I had only charged $26.00 to ship :x

There is a significant price difference between first class mail and priority mail, when the one is not faster than the other or more secure. But the customer specified it.

GoldenEraMTB":dfvhpk03 said:
mfh126":dfvhpk03 said:

I just shipped three foldable tires to Switzerland via USPS Priority Mail, and it came out to $48.70. I had only charged $26.00 to ship :x

There is a significant price difference between first class mail and priority mail, when the one is not faster than the other or more secure. But the customer specified it.
I'd say Priority is more secure than First Class since you have a tracking number and a basic level of insurance is included. But you're right -- it's not cheap to ship tires abroad.

mfh126":3ido4u4j said:
GoldenEraMTB":3ido4u4j said:
mfh126":3ido4u4j said:

I'd say Priority is more secure than First Class since you have a tracking number and a basic level of insurance is included. But you're right -- it's not cheap to ship tires abroad.

I've shipped over a hundred parts internationally via various methods, and have never had anything lost via either first class or priority mail, and on many instances, I had the first class items arrive sooner or at the same time as the priority mail items. In addition: the newer first class forms do have a bar code scanned and a number code that is trackable or at least verifiable for a buyer via the usps website, so it's not like the old first class form that had no barcode/individual number assigned. I've sent objects to the uk via priority mail and first class mail within the past months, and this is what I'm basing my comment.

I'm convinced they ship via the same means; just a way for the USPS to make more money off the same service.

* the trick is keeping the packages under four pounds and roughly the size of the usps postage scale (a 12" x 12" square) or smaller, so that it can go via first class. Otherwise, it gets bumped up to priority mail rates, doubling or tripling the cost of it going first class.

Back