D-I-S-C-O

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
As is common with these wheels, you are able to see some of the bonding between the Kevlar cords and clear plastic sheet but this doesn't detract from the wheels function or beauty but I thought i should mention.

Is this true ??

MadCowKev":oizp8bb2 said:
looks same as my clear one.....

Yours has slightly different webbing I think.. The outside cords at each eyelet extend to a further eyelet round?

Hilts":2jhfrk73 said:
As is common with these wheels, you are able to see some of the bonding between the Kevlar cords and clear plastic sheet but this doesn't detract from the wheels function or beauty but I thought i should mention.

Is this true ??

Yes unfortunately as kevlar and laminated film degrades it causes the cloudy film phenomenon

You know I got about 5 of these wheels from a guy in the states all NOS

Every one of them had this bubbling between the sheets.

its not really a flaw as all the mylar film does is keeps the disk rigid instaed of flopping around

andrewl":1w73oe5z said:
Its always the way, location always limits me from bidding on these.... :(
Why so ? Just ask a friendly pommy to bid for you and act honnestly in return via your Paypal account.

But must be a trusty bloke. Hard to find... :roll:

Mr X":2cam0rmx said:
andrewl":2cam0rmx said:
Its always the way, location always limits me from bidding on these.... :(
Why so ? Just ask a friendly pommy to bid for you and act honnestly in return via your Paypal account.

But must be a trusty bloke. Hard to find... :roll:

I sent Andrew a PM to that effect but he's gone offline!

Pommy :?: :evil: :LOL:

kingroon":2cam0rmx said:
MadCowKev":2cam0rmx said:
looks same as my clear one.....

Yours has slightly different webbing I think.. The outside cords at each eyelet extend to a further eyelet round?

I meant the degrading of the clear material making it 'frosted' - dodgy wheel i was sold I thnk :LOL:

MadCowKev":2uc6iv6t said:
Pommy :?: :evil: :LOL:
Sorry, I was too long in Bazzaland... they love to nickname this way their good o'd English mates.

Especially when it comes to talk about rugby...

Latest posts

Back