Ummmm RACE FACE CRANK SET INCL CHAINRINGS

amt27

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
there are cheaper forged ones available i think,maybe thats what you got,it says forged on the arm.

cool

I don't get how forged ones are cheaper, forging is an expense and have been machined to shape anyway.

What has happened to the non-forge models to make them more expensive?

amt27":2ch0aee6 said:
cool

I don't get how forged ones are cheaper, forging is an expense and have been machined to shape anyway.

What has happened to the non-forge models to make them more expensive?

could be wrong, always assumed forged were pacific rim made, machined were in canada.

yep, unfortunately just had an exam on production management,

quite interesting how a company would charge more for an item that might have been produced using less efficient techniques and less number of operations (the US made one),

suppose they only charge what the customer is willing to pay

yep, unfortunately just had an exam on production management

Dr. Deming was indeed a clever man ;)

suppose they only charge what the customer is willing to pay

Was the RRP actually any differant between forged and machined? I assume they realised the folly of high production costs and shifted their manufacturing to maximise their profit margin. All we are seeing is the effect of that shift on the rarity (and hence 'used' value) of the item?

Back