1996 GT Zaskar is for sale on ebay 12.5 frame,pace evo forks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewyuk

Dirt Disciple
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Boy that's really funny... because GT did not make a 1996 model Zaskar or Zaskar LE in a 12.5" frame. In fact they didn't even make a 12.5 inch Zaskar or Zaskar LE in 1997....or 1998 for that matter or 1999 for that matter. They did make an XS that also said 12.5 on the frame sticker in 2000. What's the serial number on this frame? Guessing that it's most likely a 97 Backwoods or 98 Avalanche LE, Avalanche, Ricochet or Backwoods. It is wearing 1996 model year Zaskar decals purchased on line but it's not a 1996 Zaskar.

Thats funny cos the serial number begins 1096 (couldnt really be a later bike could it) its also even funnier because it is stamped 6061 on the inside of the drop out...so your suggesting that someone has not only gone to the trouble of changing the decals ,but they have gone to the extent of filling an aluminium frame and restamping it with the digits 6061 and at the same time they have put a 1996 serial number on it aswell lol...omg

Well i finally managed to get a picture of half decent quality...if my eyes are not mistaken the serial no clearly reads 90964064...apologies as i thought it was (1096) originally...On the inside of the drop out you will also notice the digits 6061...see how i also pointed to the scuffed quick release lever as i moved the camera away to show the rest of the bike...

Now going back to your claims to be an expert on GT bikes!!..ive got to say that you probably do know a lot about them but iam afraid in this case you appear to be wrong..

If you claim that this bike is a re badged/decaled bike made in taiwan then iam sure that as an expert that has observed many meetings at GT,you would be able to tell me which bike/or frame this actually is.

Going further back to to the accusations of lies about the serial number,ive got to say that if i were to sell the bike on ebay as a 1996 6061 aluminium frame then i would look pretty stupid if the winning bidder turned up and the frame was stamped different!!!!!

Basically this bike will maybe sell for around £100 pounds..i have got 100 percent feedback on over 1000 transactions on ebay...do you really think i would want to decieve people over the a tiny amount such as £100 pounds...

I have described this bike as exactly what it is...it is a 1996 frame it is made from 6061-t6 butted aluminium and if you think it is something else then iam afraid you need to come up with some

Attachments

• SAM_2499.JPG
    SAM_2499.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 4,962
  • SAM_2501.JPG
    SAM_2501.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 4,962
Well i just wanted to shoot this guy down in flames!! how can it possibly be a 97 Backwoods or a 98 avalanche when it is clearly a 1996 6061 frame...tell me please id love to know!!!!

he's right, it is odd however too have the serial number on the outside of the drop out, :? i'm sure there all meant too be on the inside, £100 seems like a good deal on this,,

he's right, it is odd however too have the serial number on the outside of the drop out, :? i'm sure there all meant too be on the inside, £100 seems like a good deal on this,,

Probably a frame produced for a show sample of the 1996 Baclwoods since it was the only model available in a 12.5 in 1996. The decals aren't original. Nobody elses 1996 Zaskar has a decal that says "Designed in the USA" on the seat tube. That's a decal that was designed for the Taiwan made frames. All their's say made in the USA...also if it yours was produced in 09 or 10 of 1996 it would have actually been early production for a 1997 model. Proof again that your decals aren't original 1996 decals but more recently purchased and applied. It never would have been a 1996. You think they start producing bikes on Jan. 1st for the next model year? Guess again.

yeah typing error...look at theses pictures!!! moving away from the bike and pointing at the same SCUFF on the quick release lever 099644064

Attachments

• SAM_2502.JPG
    SAM_2502.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 4,951
  • SAM_2503.JPG
    SAM_2503.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 4,951
  • SAM_2504.JPG
    SAM_2504.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 4,951
Status
Not open for further replies.