Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:15 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:19 am 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:33 am
Posts: 5487
Location: WI, USA
Dewyuk wrote:
the bike is stamped 96 not 97...iam not claiming this..you can see with your own eyes


Read two posts above....get past the date it was produced....they started the 1997 model year spec (6061 frame)and production in late 1996. (Gee September is in the last quarter of the year) They have to in order to supply the entire world by riding season....duh! This is manufacturing 101...you guys really think this all happens overnight? Good thing you aren't in the import/sourcing side of things for a living.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:21 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Warwickshire uk
what is your opinion of it at the minute mikee?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:23 am 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:33 pm
Posts: 3809
your a rather bit(hy guy aren't you gm? no offense, but, you are taking this a bit too seriously, it's a bike at the end of the day, and company can sell bikes worldwide, and have them built inside 3 months, however, the 6061, wouldn't come into play until 0197 on the stamp, logically. and riding season, as you call it, is from march at the earliest,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 am 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:33 am
Posts: 5487
Location: WI, USA
mikeekim89 wrote:
it's far too early too be discussing this, lol, however, i have too say, the stamped date, is the month that it's finished and checked for safety, not the month it goes out for sale, although it still seems early for a 1997.. umless it's a full suspension, where alot can go wrong.


Remember they were producing for 40 countries at the time. What, maybe 400-700 bikes on a good day all models considered. Read post above again.
They were building frames long before Shimano had the parts in their hands they had no choice because Shimano produces components to order they don't fill a warehouse and wait for companies to order.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 am 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:33 am
Posts: 5487
Location: WI, USA
mikeekim89 wrote:
it's far too early too be discussing this, lol, however, i have too say, the stamped date, is the month that it's finished and checked for safety, not the month it goes out for sale, although it still seems early for a 1997.. umless it's a full suspension, where alot can go wrong.


Remember they were producing for 40 countries at the time. What, maybe 400-700 bikes on a good day all models considered. Read post above again.
They were building frames long before Shimano had the parts in their hands they had no choice because Shimano produces components to order they don't fill a warehouse and wait for companies to order.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:31 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Warwickshire uk
Well this is a zaskar...might be 2001 but it looks pretty identical frame to me lol


Attachments:
Zaskar-2.jpg
Zaskar-2.jpg [ 248.75 KiB | Viewed 1831 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:40 am 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:33 am
Posts: 5487
Location: WI, USA
Dewyuk wrote:
Well this is a zaskar...might be 2001 but it looks pretty identical frame to me lol


Well now let's see.....GM throws Dewyuk his pop-bottle thick glasses!
Put these on....seeeeee!
It's not a Zaskar it's a Zaskar Race. Search and you'll find out the Zaskar race was the first Taiwan built Zaskar.

Not even close. Just a few differences
1) Rear dropouts are CNC
2) CNC seat tube with integrated clamp
3) Easton Custom butted Taperwall tubing
4) LX and XT parts not STX
5) A real suspension fork
6) CNC head tube and BB
7) Yours is 6061 and that's the first taiwan built Zaskar the Zaskar Race and they were 7005 with a curved top cap.

I actually think yours looks more like the lowly Tempest and Backwoods.
Yukdew it's time for you to switch bike brands :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:44 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Warwickshire uk
anyway time to have a sleep...but gm i think your talking nonsense and i do not believe you worked for GT because how can an employee of GT not be able to identify one of their own bikes correctly...i mean come on..a simple mountain bike...your claiming it was made in 97 when it is quite clearly a 96 frame anyway your boring me too much..bye for now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:46 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Warwickshire uk
you cannot make your mind up can you...you say it is an avalanche then a tempest now a backwoods....which one do you want????? you dont have a clue my friend


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:57 am 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:33 am
Posts: 5487
Location: WI, USA
Dewyuk wrote:
anyway time to have a sleep...but gm i think your talking nonsense and i do not believe you worked for GT because how can an employee of GT not be able to identify one of their own bikes correctly...i mean come on..a simple mountain bike...your claiming it was made in 97 when it is quite clearly a 96 frame anyway your boring me too much..bye for now


Go back and read the posts. I never claimed it was made in 97. I claimed it was a 1997 model that was produced in late 1996. Get your facts straight bro.


Last edited by gm1230126 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group