Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:34 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:45 pm
Posts: 95
The auction eneded early and the seller is no longer registered. Was it a scam?

Klein Adroit in Painted Desert with White Industries hubs, just needed shifters, levers and pedals to finish.

I was bidding, it was due to end this morning and now it's gone.

150120850865


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:00 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:08 pm
Posts: 958
Location: Mansfield, Notts
Message him and find out what happened, I had the same happen to me when I was bidding on some rodgers speakers turns out he'd tried them and one of them didn't work so was looking into getting them before getting them relisted so could be something daft like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:12 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:45 pm
Posts: 95
Already found out. I had a message from eBay:

'We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.'

Possibly schill bidding. Whatever it was I'm glad ebay spotted it, I had set an auction sniper, locked and loaded with £700.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:31 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 19
Location: ~ Central ~
Graeme wrote:
The auction eneded early and the seller is no longer registered. Was it a scam?

Klein Adroit in Painted Desert with White Industries hubs, just needed shifters, levers and pedals to finish.

I was bidding, it was due to end this morning and now it's gone.

150120850865


It was a scam ad. The images were taken from an auction that ended on eBay.com some time back.

Was a fantastic looking bike, went for over $2000 originally.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:47 pm 
Klein Guru / BOTM Winner

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:06 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Houston TX
yes, that was a scam. i reported it and others too i guess.

that's the original auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Carsten


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:41 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:45 pm
Posts: 95
Then thank you for saving me a stack of cash, I owe you more than a few warm beers if you get over here at all.

It just seemed made for me, the frame to replace my wife's stolen Pulse, the White Ind hubs to replace those on my stolen P7. All that and just happening to have a small wad set aside for new tools which I could easily be tempted to spend on toys instead!

All contrived to overcome my normal common sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:43 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 19
Location: ~ Central ~
Graeme wrote:
Then thank you for saving me a stack of cash, I owe you more than a few warm beers if you get over here at all.

It just seemed made for me, the frame to replace my wife's stolen Pulse, the White Ind hubs to replace those on my stolen P7. All that and just happening to have a small wad set aside for new tools which I could easily be tempted to spend on toys instead!

All contrived to overcome my normal common sense.


Nice one! :D

I emailed the retarded **** the following...

Hi, can you please send me some detailed images of the bike and I can I pay cash and pick it up if I win this auction?

And his reply...

I will not make the same mistake twice. Last time i meat a buyer, i allmoust got "killed" in the procces. I will only deliver, on my expense, so please let me know if you are interested.

Here is his email address for anyone who feels inclined: y t [madison45_t@yahoo.com] :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:10 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:45 pm
Posts: 95
CaPtBlaCk wrote:
I emailed the retarded **** the following...

Hi, can you please send me some detailed images of the bike and I can I pay cash and pick it up if I win this auction?

And his reply...

I will not make the same mistake twice. Last time i meat a buyer, i allmoust got "killed" in the procces. I will only deliver, on my expense, so please let me know if you are interested.


I got much the same when I asked to collect. He wanted £57 for delivery.

"first of all, as you sow, i'm registered as a business seller. second, you must understand that i need your name and address anyway, so please email it to me so we can start the procees. Also, since the auction has not ended yet, i would need to send your details and my details to eBay's Staff. Do you think i could do something with your name and address? I'm not asking for your back account, or credit card."

In retrospect it's so obvious that he is not the same person who wrote the advert.


Quote:
Here is his email address for anyone who feels inclined: y t [madison45_t@yahoo.com] :twisted:


And the name used, not that he's likely to use the same one again:
ALAN G JOHNSON


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Racin'snake and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group