Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:27 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:41 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

tuercas wrote:
Bugger, the serial number I registered on fatcogs was wrong, due to too much paint, turns out it ios 741Y3ML, so it would appear with out a shadow of doubt it is ML, just need Mark or Dave to confirm it is "the real thing"...... which will be interesting, because it was sold to me as his bike.

Hope you can sort think out.

What year did fat start offering sus corrected frames? 1993? My 1993 Yo serial #312Y3M (for pic see sig) has a far shorter headtube than the ebay one and that pictured. However given it arrived with a matched Yo Eddy fork assume it is non suspension corrected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:59 pm 
PoTM & rBoTY Winner
PoTM & rBoTY Winner

1993. My medium '93 is sus corrected. The two frames on the last page are my (now sold) '92 and (still here) '91. Both are medium and have the same dimensions. The '93 has a longer fork axle-crown length accommodated by shortening the head tube from nearly 4" to about 3.5".

Attachments:
93fat.jpg
93fat.jpg [ 218.03 KiB | Viewed 1328 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:40 am 
Devout Dirtbag

I am sure it was suspension corrected, if I remember correctly one of the mags; MBUK perhaps; tested the very same bike, and made a big thing of the ccombination of sus corrected geometry with the stiff front triangle making for great handling. Thanks guys for your input, I was maybe a bit hasty listing the frame, but I had started topics on it before and was overwhelmed by the lack of interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:43 am 
Devout Dirtbag

John wrote:
tuercas wrote:
Bugger, the serial number I registered on fatcogs was wrong, due to too much paint, turns out it ios 741Y3ML, so it would appear with out a shadow of doubt it is ML, just need Mark or Dave to confirm it is "the real thing"...... which will be interesting, because it was sold to me as his bike.

Hope you can sort think out.

What year did fat start offering sus corrected frames? 1993? My 1993 Yo serial #312Y3M (for pic see sig) has a far shorter headtube than the ebay one and that pictured. However given it arrived with a matched Yo Eddy fork assume it is non suspension corrected.

It was originally built up with a RS Mag SL Ti, which worked surprisingly well, but rather flexy. I only had the BOI fork built to get the frame out and about again, due to the 1" steerer tube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:55 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Funny thing is, I met Dave stacking shelves at Sainsbury's in Bromley, I left my bike inside the store and jumping on it I realised he had flipped all the quick releases,he had been telling me while we were stuffing toxic things in the cold watchumallits that he had got 2nd place on mammoth mountain, and to be honest, I thought, yeah, right (not being a subscriber to mbuk). That all changed when I saw him on a bike of course. Anyway, that's academic, because the question at hand is if this was really his bike, hoopefully we'll have it cleared up soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:22 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Just got this reply from Mark Pearce at Evolution Imports / Bromley Bike Co:

Alex
Just posted a comment on retro bike

Mark Pearce - Sales
Evolution Imports

Problem is, I don't see any comment, keep posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:51 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

tuercas wrote:
Just got this reply from Mark Pearce at Evolution Imports / Bromley Bike Co:

Alex
Just posted a comment on retro bike

Mark Pearce - Sales
Evolution Imports

Problem is, I don't see any comment, keep posted!

Ici! > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/?p=765#comments

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:48 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Big thanks out to both John and Mark!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:24 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

Ending soon > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT. It's gone strong already. Where will it end...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:25 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

John wrote:
Ending soon > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT. It's gone strong already. Where will it end...

Going strong, indeed :D

I'm enjoying this, and a few other Fat City Cycles auctions as of late. It demonstrates the FCC bikes still hold a strong market value, despite the opinion of some to the contrary. They are great framesets, and worth every cent :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next