Badly listed Marin with XTR shifters

gmtfd":2iknpcsi said:
Just picked it up and very happy. XT everything, Marzocchi fork (XC600?) holds air, Syncros post isn't stuck, even the horrendous skinny slicks aired up fine. Haven't tried riding it yet because it's pouring down here. Still don't know if it's an IFT or a Rocky Ridge though. Serial no. is WK4BA0027 in case there are any Marin gurus reading this!

My 94 Rocky Ridge serial number is WK4AA.....

so I'd hazard a guess that you also have a Rocky Ridge!

nice bikes so good find!

Re: Re:

gmtfd":28nxi7ij said:
Won by me!

Possibly far too much money, but I've wanted an 8-speed high spec early '90s Marin in my size for ages, and this is the first one that's come up locally.

I think (hope) it's a '94 Indian Fire Trail, under all the after-market bling.

Assuming there's nothing major wrong with it, I'll be starting a build thread once I've got it home.

nice one, congrats

nporternz":34tnhs0p said:
My 94 Rocky Ridge serial number is WK4AA.....

so I'd hazard a guess that you also have a Rocky Ridge

OK I guess that settles it! Cheers for taking the time to help me figure out what it is. The funny thing is that the build is at the same level as the Euro-only Bull Frog Trail model, which sat above the IFT - no Deore LX here! The brakes were set up Euro-style too.

Lots of upgrades possibly? If it was factory issue stuff then it would have probably come with manitou forks and Marin didnt go to aheadset until 1996. Would have been Marin seatpost and stem and bars so maybe original owner got it as frame only?

Even the IFY came with LX cranks in the UK

Back