Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:34 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: GT Lightning
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:33 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm
Posts: 10241
Location: Scotland
GT Lightning, is this post 1997? Has brake posts but no disc mount that I can see.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share


Attachments:
Screenshot_20210117-003320_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210117-003320_Facebook.jpg [ 286.01 KiB | Viewed 2340 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GT Lightning
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: wirral
Nice


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:52 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:54 pm
Posts: 44
Never seen a Lightning with disc brake tabs. Does it exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:05 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: wirral
boispi wrote:
Never seen a Lightning with disc brake tabs. Does it exist?


No made for 2 years 97/98 I think


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:35 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:17 am
Posts: 2208
Location: Chesterfield
97 assuming stickers correct.

Neve came with disc mounts.

Only bit which is worth much is frame on that one. Last couple of frames in good nick have fetched nearly that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:19 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: wirral
d8mok wrote:
97 assuming stickers correct.

Neve came with disc mounts.

Only bit which is worth much is frame on that one. Last couple of frames in good nick have fetched nearly that.


Decals are right


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:34 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:17 am
Posts: 2208
Location: Chesterfield
mtbdave wrote:
d8mok wrote:
97 assuming stickers correct.

Neve came with disc mounts.

Only bit which is worth much is frame on that one. Last couple of frames in good nick have fetched nearly that.


Decals are right


Is it yours ?

If so what size is it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:17 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 2240
Location: wirral
d8mok wrote:
mtbdave wrote:
d8mok wrote:
97 assuming stickers correct.

Neve came with disc mounts.

Only bit which is worth much is frame on that one. Last couple of frames in good nick have fetched nearly that.


Decals are right


Is it yours ?

If so what size is it?


No it’s not mine, unfortunately I’d guess a 18” frame


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bawgixer, mheywoo1, retrobikeguy and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2021 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group