StRumpjumper ... you read in right !

All in all not a bad price considering how much in demand bikes are at the mo. I've had 9 parties interested in a couple of old frames of mine.

The frame tattiness is putting off that crowd so it is actually lucky its still around

Can you imagine if someone unfamiliar with the history buys it and chucks the old bits int he bin for brand spanking new Chinese made bits.

£268 :? Bloody bargain there. Yup it is a chance as it looks like its been stored all these years in that bush, but theres a chance with everything and that doesnt usually come with zooka and machine tech. Let alone the rest.

I could turn that bike and make most of it back, and still have the whole bar area tucked away for next to nowt respectively.

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":h88azzbb said:
ferrus":h88azzbb said:
66 triumph daytona":h88azzbb said:
Other than the obvious nice bits,has it Machine Tech levers/Zooka stem/White Industries hubs?
yep, but Bullseye hubs

Bit crusty looking those hubs - could they be saved/refurbished?
I've read either on here or on fb that the hubs look beyond repair/toast but it was conjecture from the photos.

Re:

OK.....here’s a summary of the condition
The frame has plenty of rust spots, mostly surface it seems - its a solid old frame really. But the seatpost is stuck, and the black paint hides damage done from trying to heat the frame to get the post out.
Forks, rusty in places but useable
Headset (Specialized) bearing cages knackered, generally past its best
BB - Shimano UN52 - spins well enough
Cranks - Shimano Altus - some surface rust, possible thread damage to drive side pedal threads
Pedals - VP something, bearings shot
Front mech - M735, rusty cage but functional
Rear mech - M900, jockey wheels worn but good otherwise
Cantis - M900, logo gone on one (rear), mounting bolts a bit corroded but good otherwise
Stem - Ringle, pretty decent
Bars - Hyperlite, uncut, pretty decent
Shifters - M732 pretty decent (usual logo lift)
Brake levers - Machine Tech, tidy
Chain - One solid line of metal
Rims - Campag Thorr 36H straight, bit worn
Spokes - wavey
Hubs - Bullseye - To be assessed, both spin freely and appear uncracked
Cassette/Freewheel - Cheap 7spd shimano, rusty
Tyres - shot

Once A Hero":2b1cg8zy said:
OK.....here’s a summary of the condition
The frame has plenty of rust spots, mostly surface it seems - its a solid old frame really. But the seatpost is stuck, and the black paint hides damage done from trying to heat the frame to get the post out.
Forks, rusty in places but useable
Headset (Specialized) bearing cages knackered, generally past its best
BB - Shimano UN52 - spins well enough
Cranks - Shimano Altus - some surface rust, possible thread damage to drive side pedal threads
Pedals - VP something, bearings shot
Front mech - M735, rusty cage but functional
Rear mech - M900, jockey wheels worn but good otherwise
Cantis - M900, logo gone on one (rear), mounting bolts a bit corroded but good otherwise
Stem - Ringle, pretty decent
Bars - Hyperlite, uncut, pretty decent
Shifters - M732 pretty decent (usual logo lift)
Brake levers - Machine Tech, tidy
Chain - One solid line of metal
Rims - Campag Thorr 36H straight, bit worn
Spokes - wavey
Hubs - Bullseye - To be assessed, both spin freely and appear uncracked
Cassette/Freewheel - Cheap 7spd shimano, rusty
Tyres - shot

Did you buy it then?

Tc":29bcrd2x said:
Did you buy it then?

Yep :facepalm: :LOL:
I was / am in the market for some Bullseye hubs - which will run me £200 or so, therefore I thought if these are half decent which I actually think they are, then that’s a box ticked.

I also want a pair of Campag Thorr rims for another project, and that’s what this has got (lucky), so I’ll be splitting the wheels up anyway.

Anything I can get back from sale of a few of the decent items will reduce the cost of the things I actually wanted ;)

Expect some items to be binned / karma’d.

Added bonus - the tubes hold air! :LOL:

Once A Hero":1y1et8ug said:
Tc":1y1et8ug said:
Did you buy it then?

Yep :facepalm: :LOL:
I was / am in the market for some Bullseye hubs - which will run me £200 or so, therefore I thought if these are half decent which I actually think they are, then that’s a box ticked.

I also want a pair of Campag Thorr rims for another project, and that’s what this has got (lucky), so I’ll be splitting the wheels up anyway.

Anything I can get back from sale of a few of the decent items will reduce the cost of the things I actually wanted ;)

Expect some items to be binned / karma’d.

Added bonus - the tubes hold air! :LOL:

Well done mate

Back