vintage DeKerf - XTR

really cool early era DeKerf (Mountain) , featuring DeKerf titanium bullmoose handlebar, and open-ended wishbone ...great spot!

Re:

That is indeed lovely... The seller seems to know what they have though by the description. I wonder how much they want for it :?:

Yes that really nice, especially with the colour matched forks and those bars.

absolutely!

I agree that handmade bikes come at a price but if at least it would have been taken care of and was rebuilt the way it should be.

Bert the Weldor":aa9ay2a1 said:
Shame about the dents. 1400 seams a bit steep.

Not for over here in the UK at the moment, that's about £820 and is equally worth three or four times the prices of the STX/LX low to mid range frame bikes are selling for.
Given they are getting silly money at £250-450, this is practically a bargain. especially as the company, or DeKerf will tell you things like when it was made, current recommended colours to spray it etc.

Re:

FluffyChicken":1jdycj6s said:
Bert the Weldor":1jdycj6s said:
Shame about the dents. 1400 seams a bit steep.

Not for over here in the UK at the moment, that's about £820 and is equally worth three or four times the prices of the STX/LX low to mid range frame bikes are selling for.
Given they are getting silly money at £250-450, this is practically a bargain. especially as the company, or DeKerf will tell you things like when it was made, current recommended colours to spray it etc.

Agree with this completely, it's actually a very good price, although I am assuming this includes the stem/bar combo - I recently found out how much Dekerf would charge for one of these alone and we are talking a significant amount.

Although I have not had the pleasure I have also heard that he is very responsive regarding frames, dates etc. More so than other frame builders I could mention, where you get a production year at best.

There's a slightly larger frame of the same vintage for sale over here at the moment on Ebay. I would think nothing of transferring the parts across from this smaller one to make a very nice ride indeed...

Back