MT Racing Advantage e-stays in Germany

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":149i59ef said:
MT Racing was the original Alpinestars right? So Yeti built frame badged up for flagship racer like the Peugeot Roberts?
Sorry, I don't know the answer, but I see this bike is STILL AVAILABLE :shock:

Anybody fancy a day trip out to Neumarkt-Sankt Veit in Germany? It's only about an hour's drive from Munich. Munich, of course, is home to the BMW Museum and the fabulous English Gardens, among other things. I hear the weather there is wonderful this time of year; about -3 degrees C, last I checked. Naturally I'd be happy to buy dinner and a round of drinks to the person or persons who can pick this bike up for me (oh, I am SUCH the salesman :roll: ). I also see that when I searched for Tourist Attractions in Munich, eBay has some recommendations for me (see pic below) regarding either companionship or clothing - I'm not sure which (sadly, I don't speak the language). I hope it's the former, as I imagine you'd be horrified if you saw fat old me wearing the latter. :shock:

Thanks to all for your consideration, in spite of the fact that I had stoop so low as to pander to your animal instincts by posting a picture of a couple of hot babes to get you to read this.

Cheers! :D

Attachments

• Things to see in Germany.jpg
    Things to see in Germany.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,082
Frank! I'll try my utmost do get this bike in my hands and send it over to you. Give me some minutes, I need to discuss this with my bavarian friends...

Anyway, I have to insist, that when we'll finally meet in person we go out for some dinner dressed as above :) Both of us, of course.

Cheers,
Marco

caemis":6bcbqpa7 said:
Frank! I'll try my utmost do get this bike in my hands and send it over to you. Give me some minutes, I need to discuss this with my bavarian friends...

Anyway, I have to insist, that when we'll finally meet in person we go out for some dinner dressed as above :) Both of us, of course.

Cheers,
Marco
Haha! and because this is California, we can hold hands and skip! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsljewJNQ4U

and another one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XVEL3KnR2w

Marco, you are a true prince! I didn't want to ask you about this one because you've gone out of your way for me three times already, and I didn't want to "wear out my welcome" with you. Naturally, I'm always ready to return the favor(s); just ask.

Re:

Great stuff! Marco to the rescue again; a true Retrobike community hero. I hope you guys can work this out and you can get this one Frank. :cool:

Star12

Re: Re:

Star12":39mru15z said:
Great stuff! Marco to the rescue again; a true Retrobike community hero. I hope you guys can work this out and you can get this one Frank. :cool:

Star12
Thanks for your well-wishes!

I'm happy to say that the bike was received in fantastic condition; truly a happy ending to this story.

It's not everyone who would drive for miles to pick up a bike for a fellow retrobiker. I'm sure there have been others, but Marco has done it multiple times and continues to do so.

My feedback for Marco is so glowing that I felt I should reproduce it here for all to see.

All hail Marco!!!

incorrigible":39mru15z said:
It's funny how history repeats itself.

Our story starts when e-stay addict 'incorrigible' (that'd be me) was notified about an ad on eBay for a magnificent MT Racing e-stay frame, but saw that the the seller wouldn't sell to USA.

Undaunted and laughing, incorrigible put out a call for help to the internet, fully knowning that a fellow retrobiker would undoubtedly come to the rescue. Although it's true that some had come forward to volunteer to re-ship after seller shipped to them, incorrigible was soon met with the sad fact that the seller was insisting on 'pickup only', meaning that someone would have to show up in person to buy the bike from the seller.

Oh, no! , thought incorrigible. What's an e-stay addict to do? It's one thing to ask someone to receive a bike and then send it on to its final destination, but it's another thing entirely to ask someone to go out of their way to rescue a bike that would otherwise be picked up and no doubt ridden into the ground by some ne'er-do-well who was only looking for an inexpensive, destructible frame, vice a collector like incorrigible who would cherish the opportunity to own such a rare frame and treat it with the care that it deserved.

Now in a state of full panic, incorrigible realized that he was quickly running out of options.

<If the anticipation is getting to you, this would be a good time to reach for a hankie and have a good cry, just to get it over with before I proceed........OK.....you good now? Good. Let's continue, shall we?>

incorrigible's call for help was picked up by Superman's super-hearing, but Superman was busy ridding the world of the dreaded Zoltrons (dang Zoltrons, always trying to take over Earth).

incorrigible even put up the Bat-signal in the hopes that the famed Caped Crusader, the Batman himself, might possibly be able to take time out of his busy schedule to help rescue an e-stay from the clutches of evil......or at least from the clutches of indifference......, but no. The Batman's alter-ego, billionnaire Bruce Wayne, was busy knockin' boots with young debutantes while drinking Champagne at his palatial estate, and couldn't be bothered.........can't really blame him..........

Incorrigible then thought about calling on an old friend who had previously done exactly what was required; he had gone out of his way and driven across town, and even cross-country, to rescue an e-stay for a collector who felt obligated to take in any e-stay that needed a good home - a collector who would treat an e-stay as more than just a collection of old tubes and rubber parts - I'm of course speaking about the poor, old, cat-lady of e-stays, incorrigible (me again).

Then suddently, before incorrigible could act, there was a bright flash accompanied by a thunderous roar - OK, it was more like an email notification bell - the point being it was an email from mild-mannered Marco, who - when he dons his cape and his mask - becomes <super-hero sound goes here> caemis, rescuer of e-stays, deliverer of assistance, and friend to retrobikers everywhere! He had heard of my plea, and before I had a chance to contact him to ask for his help, he had come forth to volunteer his services once again! I told him that I had hesitated to contact him because I didn't want to "wear out my welcome" with him, but he waved off my comment with his super-hero-glove'd hand and said "No need to worry, for I am <I'll need that super-hero sound here again, preferably with a little reverb echo> caemis, humble friend to caring retrobikers everywhere".

Naturally, I felt awed by his presence, but <yup, again with the sound, please> caemis quickly put me at ease as I realized he's just like the rest of us; he puts his shoes on one-at-a-time like you and me, not at ALL like that pompous, priveleged Bruce Wayne, who has his trusty servant Alfred dress him as if he were a helpless child.

Then suddenly, with a wink and a wave, caemis..........whoops!.....er......excuse me, I mean <once more with the super-hero sound, please> caemis jumped into the caemis-mobile and once again went out of his way to score a beautiful e-stay for me, and I will always be indebted to him. I would do business with him anytime, and I highly recommend him.

When the smoke and the dust cleared, I saw that my friend Marco was there, and I asked him "Who was that masked man?"

Marco just smiled and shrugged.

Beautiful story and great score, although I thought I was your ‘bike bitch’, it would appear you have a few of us on the go Frank. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hotwheels.":2u2ck18d said:
.... I thought I was your ‘bike bitch’, it would appear you have a few of us on the go Frank. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This is a bit like Spartacus - I though I was Franks bike bitch

Hotwheels.":13ulnaai said:
Beautiful story and great score, although I thought I was your ‘bike bitch’, it would appear you have a few of us on the go Frank. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Retro Spud":13ulnaai said:
This is a bit like Spartacus - I though I was Franks bike bitch
Oh bitches, please! :LOL: There's enough Frankie to go around!

Mart (Hotwheels) and I have helped each other out with bicycle-related inter-continental commerce countless times, but he doesn't even have a Feedback page, so how can I let people know what a great guy he is?

As for Nick (Retro Spud), he, too, went out of his way to get a beautiful purple ano'd Ozone e-stay for me, and in fact he volunteered his 'collection' services to the entire RB community in response to a 3rd RBer posting an advert from a seller on eBay Germany, and that seller became an RBer as a result of all this collective cooperation regarding bicycle acquisition. Naturally I returned the favor to Nick when he came calling.

Where Hotwheels and Retro Spud are concerned, truth be told, I am THEIR bike bitch as I am indebted to both of them and obliged to help them should they once again come calling. It's a short leash that I wear for you guys, but it's stylish.

There have been plenty of other RBers that have helped out, as I have helped them, and as a result I've recently begun creating an 'RB Friends' spreadsheet so that I can keep track of names, addresses, etc. I'm approaching retirement age, and if it weren't for the likes of all these helpful RBers, I wouldn't have hardly any projects to keep me busy during retirement. As it stands, however, I currently have more projects than the laws of physics will allow, and more friends in this RB community than I thought I'd ever have, thanks to the likes of Hotwheels, Retro Spud, and of course....ahem...... <hero sound again, please> caemis!

Re:

I think I still have a couple frames
to send you as well Frank. :facepalm:
Don't know if you are even still interested
in them it's been so long. I am so lazy. :oops:

Back