Fat chance titanium 1994 - Frame - Germany

Yetidh9":2my2osoi said:
Full circle... Forgot that I bought from you. Still hanging from and waiting... Going to keep it as rigid as its also gonna be used for riding to school. But would be nice to have an - say mag21 - for when we goning to hit the trals..

Iirc the Mag 21 should fit yours ( 10” frame ) without catching the downtube when you turn the bars but test it to be sure.

Your suspended monster looks nice too, and seems to be a very good fit sizings-wise. Your 10” should fit your daughter from around 5/6yrs I think. Its surprising how fast the kids grow from around 7/8 :shock:

What did you do with the Manitous to actually make it work?

I measured the dimensions of the old fork elastomers and got hold of some polyurethane tube some 40 Shore and 50 Shore hardness iirc and just cut it into sections to fit. Think I did rubber rebound black pieces too ans may have mixed the top if the stack with elastomer from adult soecs just to give some progressive suspension. Its a few years ago but it still works perfectly and makes a big difference especially when they unpredictably go crazy and fly down a rutted hill :shock: :LOL: Fully rigid would be too bouncy then and would probably make them loose control, come off and get injured. Thats how my daughter rides anyway !

https://www.par-group.co.uk/rubber-and- ... t-and-rod/

Interesting. I keep a note on that method. I think I would prefer a Mag21 for my daugthers monster... The very low pressure could be rather good with a rider that only puts on around 30 including gear...

Cheers

M-Power":1ura76es said:
Yetidh9":1ura76es said:
Full circle... Forgot that I bought from you. Still hanging from and waiting... Going to keep it as rigid as its also gonna be used for riding to school. But would be nice to have an - say mag21 - for when we goning to hit the trals..

Iirc the Mag 21 should fit yours ( 10” frame ) without catching the downtube when you turn the bars but test it to be sure.

Your suspended monster looks nice too, and seems to be a very good fit sizings-wise. Your 10” should fit your daughter from around 5/6yrs I think. Its surprising how fast the kids grow from around 7/8 :shock:

What did you do with the Manitous to actually make it work?

I measured the dimensions of the old fork elastomers and got hold of some polyurethane tube some 40 Shore and 50 Shore hardness iirc and just cut it into sections to fit. Think I did rubber rebound black pieces too ans may have mixed the top if the stack with elastomer from adult soecs just to give some progressive suspension. Its a few years ago but it still works perfectly and makes a big difference especially when they unpredictably go crazy and fly down a rutted hill :shock: :LOL: Fully rigid would be too bouncy then and would probably make them loose control, come off and get injured. Thats how my daughter rides anyway !

https://www.par-group.co.uk/rubber-and- ... t-and-rod/

Re:

That still seems very expensive. There has been a Bontrager Ti-Lite on eBay for ages (not there now tho so may have sold) at just over £500.

I don’t know production numbers but they only made them for a few years and you get all of Bontragers engineering know-how as a bonus

I’m biased as I have one (YetiDH9’s old one as a coincidence). I did try to sell it late last year but absolutely no interest. I don’t think the market knew what to do with two ti-lites for sale at the same time!

Re: Re:

mheywoo1":2hn26v0w said:
That still seems very expensive. There has been a Bontrager Ti-Lite on eBay for ages (not there now tho so may have sold) at just over £500.

I don’t know production numbers but they only made them for a few years and you get all of Bontragers engineering know-how as a bonus

I’m biased as I have one (YetiDH9’s old one as a coincidence). I did try to sell it late last year but absolutely no interest. I don’t think the market knew what to do with two ti-lites for sale at the same time!

I agree on this anaysis. The market for more special titanium frames is not that good. The Merlins may sell (as they somehow communicate will with grown up white middelcass men...) but the more didicated small run production ti frames less so...

@mheywoo1: did you have time to ride the bonty ti? What was your impression?

Re:

I’ve not ridden the Bonty yet. It’s up in my loft with a growing collection of parts next to it. Once I’ve got everything I want I’ll build it, Ride it and let you know.

To be honest I quite like just looking at it like that. A posh chef would call It “deconstructed Ti-Lite” I think!

Re:

There are only so many tomorrows man :roll: Get that Bonty Ti built and out on the trails and give us all a detailed ride review please :D

Latest posts

Back