NOS Orange Clockwork frames - direct from Orange

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":3vyc1yyf said:
Both lovely so I've gone after the yellow/white. Fingers crossed!

They are XL 21" btw, not large as stated.

Just those 2, or all listed as L.
I was wondering that myself as my original c16 was a large at 21". Wondered if there's been a change :?

Re:

The Clockworks I had bitd were always 19" ctt and classed as large with the 21" XL, like my current Prestige. I had a 21" 1989 yellow/white and remember it having a head tube no bigger than a 1992 19" so it looked quite small at the front but out back the long single seat stay tube gave it away as 21" just like these two.

bitd there wasnt a s/m/l/xl it was 15",17",19",21"

From checking the specs the 19" was 120mm, and the 21" was 140mm headtube wise.

This is what now has me confused :( ,and im looking for a new frame at whatever size a 6"3' would ride.
To my thats large, but now these days im seeing xl, and 2xl as well as the 21"large being of not to dissimilar proportions.
It's a bloody minefield and theres only four sizes, two of them obviously no good :LOL:

Re:

The 89's had really short head tubes. I measured mine as mentioned and the 89 21" was bang on the same as a 92 19".

I'm 6' 2" and have been trying to convince myself that I fit the 19" since 1991. I've now accepted that anything other that 21" is too cramped. :(

Re:

Commanderrb

Welcome to the Neon yellow fade club

I worked at Sail Sports in Manly for years
Are you still local to the area as I’m literally 2 mins from the place

Your welcome to come and get some inspiration anytime if your still in the shire ;)

brocklanders023":3dkytpj7 said:
The 89's had really short head tubes. I measured mine as mentioned and the 89 21" was bang on the same as a 92 19".

I'm 6' 2" and have been trying to convince myself that I fit the 19" since 1991. I've now accepted that anything other that 21" is too cramped. :(

Same as you two, 6' 2" on a good day, most of it legs probably. Loads of 19" that was always what I thought was my size BITD to recent. I may have 1 or 2 too many 19" 1993 Prestige Framesets, even going to sell my (Clockwork like) 19" 1989 Muddy Fox Seeker. But 21" look so Tall and gatey compared! Got spoilt with higher bars with risers and sus forks, thank goodness for Yoga!

Hi clockwork davo, funnily enough Ive been away the last few days and its been driving me mad tryingbto remember the name of the place at Manley so I googled it earlier, then log on and see your post with the answer! Small world. I was training to be an artitect in those days, working at Kelsall. I think you had the better job! (And i changed carer when I realised I didnt like mine...)
I may well take you up on your offer, yes still local over near Farndon.

Interesting

I’m part of the management team at the Grosvenor Arms in Aldford

So very small world and grew up in Kelsall :LOL:

reanimation":2is4iss7 said:
brocklanders023":2is4iss7 said:

Same as you two, 6' 2" on a good day, most of it legs probably. Loads of 19" that was always what I thought was my size BITD to recent. I may have 1 or 2 too many 19" 1993 Prestige Framesets, even going to sell my (Clockwork like) 19" 1989 Muddy Fox Seeker. But 21" look so Tall and gatey compared! Got spoilt with higher bars with risers and sus forks, thank goodness for Yoga!

Yep, same, had loads of 19" as 21" with a whopping head tube looks wrong. These 89's are cool though due to the low front end.

My current two retro Orange's are a mint 19" Clockwork and a tidy enough 21" Prestige. Pretty sure I'll never really use the Clockwork as it's too small but spend all my time trying to make the Prestige look less like a gate. :facepalm:

Back