NOS Orange Clockwork frames - direct from Orange

Its me that got them both and nope, no plans to do anything other than build up and ride or admire. Ive some rc35s for the orange one, 92 forks so bit too new but hey ho.
I wànted a clockwork in 89 more than anything, drooled most weks at them at the windsurfing place at Manley down the road from our office. Couldnt afford one, ended up with a Raleigh avanti, nice enough but not the dream.
91 progressed to an alpinestar, in 94 got a P7, had two others after that then proflexes, and on and on through all sorts of stutt like a Maverick ml7, Spot singlespeeds etc and now have 3 Singular Swifts.....but that 89 clockwork has always been in my head, so now I get the chance to sort one (2) out.
Recently done the same with road bikes so just finished an 82 Raleigh Rapide and an 83 Pennine, with an 82 Raleigh Gran Sport and 85 Specialized Allez to finish. They wont be sold either. The good lady has even agreed to bikes being hung on the walls of the dining room as the garage is full and she sees them as art....so its a winner all round.
So nope, just building and riding no selling on.....

I should add though that I need to offload a shed full of stuff to fund buying the parts I need as everything I have lying around is about 5 years too new (including a 93 clockwork)...so don't be surprised when that lot goes up

Plus welcome to the 1989 Orange clockwork yellow and white fade club.. Including mine there are 2 others i know of. :)
And yours is brand new :cool:

I may well ask for some build inspiration....I know somewhere I have proper photos (film, remember that....) of one I pretended I could afford and test rode. That may give me a clue. I need to do some research. Top of my head says DX....

Re:

OP here.

Commanderrb - nice to see you plan to build them. Ironically I was tempted by the clockwork you had for sale at the velodrome cyclejumble.

If I had the parts to build one of those frames I would have snapped it up. As it is I'd need to source everything fresh to get anywhere near doing it justice that would get really expensive

Oh Wow small world, well done! Glad they've gone to someone who really wanted one.

Let us know when you're ready for sales. :)

Commanderrb":30ezo2wr said:
Its me that got them both and nope, no plans to do anything other than build up and ride or admire. Ive some rc35s for the orange one, 92 forks so bit too new but hey ho.
I wànted a clockwork in 89 more than anything, drooled most weks at them at the windsurfing place at Manley down the road from our office. Couldnt afford one, ended up with a Raleigh avanti, nice enough but not the dream.
91 progressed to an alpinestar, in 94 got a P7, had two others after that then proflexes, and on and on through all sorts of stutt like a Maverick ml7, Spot singlespeeds etc and now have 3 Singular Swifts.....but that 89 clockwork has always been in my head, so now I get the chance to sort one (2) out.
Recently done the same with road bikes so just finished an 82 Raleigh Rapide and an 83 Pennine, with an 82 Raleigh Gran Sport and 85 Specialized Allez to finish. They wont be sold either. The good lady has even agreed to bikes being hung on the walls of the dining room as the garage is full and she sees them as art....so its a winner all round.
So nope, just building and riding no selling on.....

Back