kona 1997 team explosif

Re: Re:

al-onestare":39qjedmy said:
That looks genuine to me. Check mine out for a comparison. It's got all the right features even down to some of the decals. This one is missing a RaceFace but has the Columbus tubing one. It looks in tremendous condition and I can tell you it's the best bike I've ever ridden. I absolutely love mine.

How did up in Australia and who's willing to take a punt and get it shipped over here? Pip? Canuck? Magas? Ernie?

And there's nothing half hearted about the paint job. It's uber uber cool and really well done. Remember these were knocked up quickly to ease pressure from Columbus...

Morning all..{just got up off nights}..Lovely condition..this one seems to lacquered..mine is a matt/dull finish.. :LOL: count me out for this one..got a daughters wedding to pay for :LOL: ...would be nice if it did come to Blighty.

Ernie :D

pipmeister":k6q2msrc said:
mkone":k6q2msrc said:
.. The paint looks in really good condition, very fresh and new looking, surely it would have a few battle scars!? mark
An explanation for this could be that it was a backup spare, although it would appear than not many team riders rode 18" frames.

From what I can see Roland Green, Ryder Hesjedal & Dave Wiens used 20", while Leslie Tomlinson & Trish Sinclair used 17". The only two pictures that I have of Seamus McGrath on a Kona Team bike, he appears to be riding an 18”.

I'd be interested Mark if you receive any response to your concerns put to the seller.

Pip

Been in touch with the seller a bit mate, i will send you the info i have so far :)

mark

Re: Re:

retroaddict":26ffvylr said:
Could it be a ti painted up as a ...?
No, it is not a Titanium frame painted up as a Team Issue Columbus frame. The New Drop Investment Cast Dropouts are clearly shown in the pictures, not to mention the other features of Columbus Nivacrom Max OR Steel tubing.

The Painted Titanium frame dropouts look like the picture below.

Roland Green's Team Issue Ti painted frame:
roland-green Team_6 by Philip Mock, on Flickr
Pip

So no-one hit the trigger yet ;)

I understand the SN is very close to mine :)

BW7TWB.jpg

H8G01599

Back