1987 SBDU Maverick

A lot of this era were attributed to SBDU but they're not. They might have been assembled there but SBDU frames are a lot nicer than this one.

Yes it's quite rare especially in this condition but the asking price is ludicrous. Rare doesn't always mean expensive and this is worth about £150.

PeterPerfect":2n2ikir1 said:
A lot of this era were attributed to SBDU but they're not. Yes it's quite rare especially in this condition but the asking price is ludicrous. Rare doesn't always mean expensive and this is worth about £150.

So you are saying that Raleigh lied in their official catalogues :?: :?: :?:

I thought SBDU had moved from Ilkeston by then? Hence my comment... The Lightweight Unit is not SBDU

kermitgreenkona88":1k3tftkh said:
PeterPerfect":1k3tftkh said:
A lot of this era were attributed to SBDU but they're not. Yes it's quite rare especially in this condition but the asking price is ludicrous. Rare doesn't always mean expensive and this is worth about £150.

So you are saying that Raleigh lied in their official catalogues :?: :?: :?:

No I'm not saying that. They were mass produced and put together there.

SBDU or not - dunno, don't see why not, but I'd pay £300 for it if I had the ready cash, also I reckon worth it in parts with those pedals etc. as to whether anyone else would pay that much, time will tell.

Latest posts

Back