Orange Formula

Re: Re:

sinnerman":156pzo9y said:
is it not the same seller using a friends ebay account ...?

I had thought the exact same thing and wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

sinnerman":3odk09ny said:
is it not the same seller using a friends ebay account ...?

Ha! I was probably being too polite!

£300/400 would be closer but still high for a scrappy bike. The problem is the only thing that differentiates this from a normal Dave Yates is the paint job and the moment you replace the seat tube you'll have to respray as so it'll only ever be a tribute bike afterwards. Might as well get a good Dave Yates and respray it as an Orange, same difference.

DynaCol":qo14y1ry said:
In my opinion, buying this for anymore than £300-400 is madness. What is on offer is a frame, forks, bars/stem and set of roller cams needing a lot of time effort and money spent on them; the rest of it is for the bin. I appreciate it's rarity but in that state its value is seriously limited.

My thoughts also.. does look very corroded from the pics. Super rare as it is the work involved would probably mean the essence of the bike would go. Ultimately at least one tube would need replacing and possibly more.. I also feel a majority of the original potential buyers have lost interest in this project, I know I have.
Anyhow I hope someone will take it on and do it proud...

Re:

Offered him 500 but was turned down so will probably bid on the auction but not nearly as high as last time. Think I topped out at 900+ but half that would be my limit now.

Don't really want it but also want to see it saved. :facepalm:

brocklanders023":2vkr2nz7 said:
Offered him 500 but was turned down so will probably bid on the auction but not nearly as high as last time. Think I topped out at 900+ but half that would be my limit now.

Don't really want it but also want to see it saved. :facepalm:

Fingers crossed for you Ed, hope you get it.. would be a shame for it not to be saved. I was tempted at one time but promised my girlfriend that I would not buy any more retro bikes in the foreseeable future, then your former Prestige came up for sale and that was that :shock: :facepalm: :D

Re:

:LOL: Thought you had been a bit quite on here mate! You will love the Prestige, it's lovely. Seem to remember it having darker orange paint than most? Oh, you will need a Prestige decal as the sticker in it's place is actually one for the shop it came from.

As for the Formula...... Doubt I will get it as I get the feeling, as mentioned above that it's not quite as straightforward an auction as it first seems so will probably end up shilled past where I will go.

Re:

posted on fb recently, gets the urge for renovation back eh.

FB_IMG_1501071826631.jpg

retrobikeguy":bh2hk4dv said:
posted on fb recently, gets the urge for renovation back eh.

Doesn't it! Gotta be the same bike surely? It even has the pump peg on the chainstay and everything.

It's such a shame that the seller(s) can't see the bikes true worth in it's current state and stop viewing this with £££ in the eyes, so to say... As has been pointed out already, there's plenty of members who could do this justice (even taking into account the scale of the repairs needed) but the ship has sailed for most of them :(

Back