Purple Ozone with XTR

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1y5n2zok said:
player":1y5n2zok said:
Well done Nick and looking forward to some better photos of the frame as im sure just by looking at the photos in the listing the frame looks like a minter!

No hard feelings Frank :cool:

Will

I picked it up for Frank ^ it'll be on its way over the pond soon.

Argh!!!

Re: Re:

player":10wyjsua said:
Well done Nick and looking forward to some better photos of the frame as im sure just by looking at the photos in the listing the frame looks like a minter!

No hard feelings Frank :cool:
No, none at all, Will. If my last post came off sounding abrupt, it was unintentional. Perhaps its just part of being American? ;)

I'm just glad everything worked out, especially since I was able to capture this beautiful beast after all. I'm not getting any younger, and it's unlikely I'll see another one of these for a quite awhile, so I was really keen on getting it.

Ever since I joined RB, I've seen a lot of exotic rides that I NEVER saw BITD - never even knew they existed - and of course like many here, I ignored all the warnings from other users about hiding my wallet while perusing this site and I've since been bitten (in fact, half devoured) by the collector bug. Whether it be a curse or a blessing, I'm a single man, so I don't have anyone telling me I can or cannot buy ANOTHER bike, but I definitely blame Al Gore for inventing the internet :LOL: which enabled me to see all that I missed when I was younger, and now I find myself trying to make up for lost time.

Welcome again to Mr. Russell, but be forewarned: this site is addicting.

btw, anybody need a kidney? I could use the money. :LOL:

Hi all I wanna apologise to spud and the member who brought my ozone in the us on behalf of spud.. I had you all wrong from what I've read on here and from what my old man said... Spud your 1 of the gud ones and all I can say is sorry to u, for the way I messaged on here (bad mouthing you) I regret it now. but I have sold a couple of things on eBay and lost it all cus of sum lying scum.. that's y I dout every 1 on here... I'm now happy that u did win the auction and the ozone is going to some 1 who appreciate's it, I have a lot of gud memory's wiv that bike, I'm so happy it's gone to some 1 who appreciates its value. I also raced in the grundig's back in the day on this ozone from what I remember it was either 1995 or 1996 in Plymouth, I had a gt Xizang at the time but on the start line, we got delayed so me and my mate took it in turns holding each other while we peddled back words to keep warm but when we finally set off I ripped my pedal out of the crank Cus of itso I had to go into the next age group up and had to use my old mans ozone lol so I hope it brings many happy memories like it did to me ( I will miss this bike so much) sorry again

Re:

Bash
Very good of you to come back and be so magnanimous. It will be appreciated I'm sure.
Great story about your days in the Grundig. History like that makes a difference.
Hopefully you'll stick around and no doubt you'll see the Ozone in it's new home.

Re:

Stick around Bash!

I was all set to bid on the Coyote when I got a second chance and now its been pulled ... what happened!

J

Re:

Bash,
Thanks very much, but no apology needed as far as I'm concerned. Like I mentioned in my previous post, being cautious about dealings on the internet is quite understandable. Thanks for the story behind the bike, and rest assured it will be well cared for.

Of course, I want to publicly thank Retro Spud as well; without him it wouldn't have been possible for me to acquire this gem. In fact, there are many RBers that have helped me out by acting as intermediary to ship to USA, and I'm only too happy to return the favor. Many thanks to all of you.

I'll get pics up after Spud has his moment with it before sending it on. ;) :LOL:

Regards,
Frank

Back