Kona Hot 1993 18"

jez-4-bikes-max":36ixfnyx said:
Nor me :/ appreciate mr dekerf doing the updates but modern kit on retro rides just feels iffy

+ 1

there are so many frame builders arround today which would love to do a modern steel frame where you can put your todays stuff on to it.

From this.....

TA DA!

The 93 Teesdale Kona Hot finished

If anyone remembers this is the shoddy 1993 that appeared on Ebay in the states just before Xmas.

Bit of Jez TLC and a new respray courtesy of No Quarter Paint, new decals from Gil and some ebay wins and here she is.

Took some pics in the rain as the weather is pants.

Kona Hot 1993 18"
Manitou 3 fork with AC crown (new elastomers)
Cook Bros cranks
Ringle skewers
Grafton speed controllers
M900 XTR levers, xc pro shifters
M735 XT rear and front mechs
Bonty / Titec titanium bar
Early Syncros Cattleprod
Raceface headset
Control Tech seatpost
M735 XT hubs with 8 speed cassette wheels on Avenir rims
Ritchey Zmax tyres black walls
Original flite, Onza Ules
DX spds

Still a fan of the original paint scheme, but it has ended up looking very nice :cool: In the top photo of the headtube the rear looks more a purple colour, or is that just the light?

Mark

:LOL: strange, have you just edited the post? there are more pictures appeared since i posted my last reply :LOL:
The original frame defiantly looks purple :)

Still wanting this if you ever decide to go back to just 4 bikes ;)

Mark

Just been tweaking the pics as I have taken a few.

No its a flat RAL colour - a minty green blue reminiscent of these I found on Google. Based the frameset style as below:

502.jpg

file.php

jez-4-bikes-max":3lsumhii said:
No its a flat RAL colour - a minty green blue reminiscent of these I found on Google

:) i meant the original two tone paint scheme before you resprayed it :)

The two tone scheme as silver to metallic blue (same as Kona Fire Mountain) It was thin and ropey. Had to go.

I'm usually very keen on restoration rather than reboot but that paint was sh*t!

Back