Klein Adroit Nightstorm 94

Re:

I would say that a real mc2 adroit frame is worth at least twice what an mc2 attitude frame is with all other factors being equal. (size colour, condition)...there is a wide range of value of mc2 klein mtb frames..

A bare mc2 size large nuke painted nightstorm real adroit frame with mint paint would likely sell for $3000 USD.

A bare mc2 size small koi attitude frame without the seatpost binder bolt needing paint might sell for $150 USD!

attitude frames with factory adroit markings are worth the same or less then an mc2 attitude frame. many would rather a real attitude over a "fake" adroit..

just my opinions based on what I have seen stuff trade for!

Re:

This is a 96 Attitude frame repainted by "someone".

It was on Ebay UK a fair few years ago and took ages to sell.

Re:

Wow some interesting info here a lot of which concerns me as I own a 97 "Adroit" Koi. This is all new to me as this will be my 1st Klein. As said the differences being the cable bosses recessed or proud , mine being recessed, My serial number/Frame number as far as I can see it doesn't contain any letters ? How many numbers/letters should they contain ?
So the real Acid test is the down tube diameter, a circumference of 4" indicates a "true" Adroit as I don't have a tape measure handy at the mo so I wont be able to tell.

Re:

I believe circumference = 2 * pi * r
So 2 * 3.1415 * 1 = 6.28"
Otherwise if you have measurement calipers, you could check for the diameter with those. I'll save you the trouble however, as all the Koi's use the 1.75" Attitude downtube. I have a Koi also, made in April 1996 but it's still considered a 1997 model.

Re:

SF Klein thanks for the reply, so my 97 "Adroit" Koi it is a rebadged attitude frame. Bit of a bummer as I'll feel a bit guilty selling it as an Adroit. Just looking at your sigs & the Koi have you any pics of it or the build thread ???

Re:

Shows my ignorance on Klein's, I worried it was a later Treklein with a custom aftermarket paint.

Back