Marin palisades trail 2006

alans27

Old School Hero
With many upgrades! Rockshox Reba RL suspension fork, Hope pro 2 hubs with Mavic Rims, Deore XT gears with 27 speed deore XT shifters. The gears are buttery smooth!
Shimano SLX crankset, the chain and cassette are like new, replaced a couple of years back but have had hardly any use. Chain is a KMC X9.
Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes, Michelin Tyres which again are like new. I put brand new bearings in the headset not so long ago.

The bike has a few minor scratches here and there but for a 2006 the condition is outstanding. I noticed when I washed the bike before some of the spokes aren't as tight as they should be. I would strongly recommend any buyer gets a local bike shop to put them in a jig and really tension them up!

I've no idea what the bike is worth tbh so I'll start the ball rolling at £500.
Thanks.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/p4LvgTBB13y83iq68

Must add to give you an idea, the bike originally cost £700 back in 2006. The fork cost about £300 as did the wheels. The XT shifters (my favourite upgrade) cost a further £90. The SLX crankset, I think, was about £100, the SLX brakes again about £100 and I can't remember what the derilleurs costume tbh. I did replace the gear outers as well. It's been well looked after over the years.

Latest posts

Back