1998 Kona Caldera (19")

Clappy

Dirt Disciple
It is with much regret, becasue it has been a cracking bike !, that I am parting with my '98 Caldera. I've just bought a 2014 Process 134, so its got to make way...

The spec is as follows :

19" 1998 Caldera : Last of the Steel frames (keepin' it real..)
Rock Shox Judy T2 (will also include the Marzocchi X-fly 2 fork that came with it when i bought the bike)
Chris King Mango Headset (400 miles old)
FSA topcap
Hope 90mm Stem
X-lite G-force Bars
On-one Half Bob Grips
Red Jagwire cableset (Brake and gear)
Mavic X517 Citron rims, laced to Shimano M750 XT hubs (front and rear)
Halo Twinrail "skinwall" tyres (virtually new)
8 speed Cassette (XT ? cant remember)
M739 Brake Levers (I can also include the V-brakes F+R to match for £30)
DX V-brakes (the red variety ! - I can also include the Red Brake levers L + R that match for £20)
M732 Thumbshifters (with the Hidden extra click !)
M737 Crank (42 / 36 / 24)
Shimno UN51 Bottom Bracket (about 250 miles ago)
Middleburn Red Chainring bolts
M737 FD
M739 RD
Kona Thumb Seat post and original clamp
Rolls San Marco Saddle (which came on it when i bought it....I rode a Charge Spoon !)
Superstar Component Nano Pedals (Red)

The overall condition is good. It has some patina, but no real signs of abuse. I have owned the bike for 3 years and it has been a pleasure to ride and always got commented on riding with my crew !

I'm looking for £275 + shipping which i dont think is unreasonable, given the spec of the kit thats on it. I'd rather sell as a complete bike than split. It's got to go...and i'd rather it went to someone on here ! (before i start thinking about E-bay :facepalm: )

More photos available on request. Drop me a PM or email if intersted.

Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• Caldera Side 2.jpg
    Caldera Side 2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,474
Re:

Hi. Where are you based? What is the head tube length and the top tube length centre to centre (effective)
Thanks

Re:

oldmuthariley":1qje33lx said:
Hi. Where are you based? What is the head tube length and the top tube length centre to centre (effective)
Thanks

Head tube length is 5" (125 mm)
Tope tube (c to c) is 22.5" (570mm)
Seat tube (c to c) is 19" (485mm)

I am in Melton Mowbray..... Home of the pork pie! But happy to post at cost (or box up for you to arrange collection....)

Re: Re:

overpoweredmike":ojmyzu97 said:
Hi there! Still available?

Yes ! Currently still available....be quick if you are interested as i'm almost at the point of stripping for parts ! (a frame only sold on E-bay last week for £85.....so i would consider £250 for a complete bike with the spec and parts a bargain !)

Back