FS: Cannondale Prophet 2005 - Large PRICE DROP £400

Pye7183

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View

Hi All

Due to limited space its time to sell on my Cannondale Prophet

Ive owned this bike for 3 years now and its been a great fun trail bike. In the years Ive had the bike Ive really enjoyed riding it - Its well loved but a well used bike so does have a fair few marks on the frame but no dints or cracks

Ive changed a few parts in my ownership - I had planned to run as 27.5 wheels when i initial bought as I had read that this was possible due the the switchable positioning of the shock however I enjoyed riding the bike as it was so much I never felt the need. Just nice to know you can run a modern wheel set on these if you wanted to

Rear Shock is a Fox Float rp23 that was recently serviced - all works fine with no marks on stanchion

Front fork is a Fox Rhythm 32 150mm - currently no decals but happy to sort some new ones if that helps lowers have a few marks but stanchions are mark free- recent service with new seals & oil. Air cap was lost unfortunately but a modified beer cap has been adapted as a replacement

XT triple crankset set up as 2 ring with race face bash guard so running 2 x 9 speed all fairly new with recent ring/chain/cassette service

XT brakes running 180mm discs

RSP Dropper seat post - 27.2 - split on boot but the whole thing has been very reliable and super easy to service

new saddle

Superstar bars 780mm

Titus El Guapo 50mm stem

DT Swiss wheel set 26" wheels hubs are a little rough but plenty usuable - Rims slightly out of true but again plenty serviceable

Continental Trail King 2.4 front Mountain king 2.4 rear - nearly new

Will come with pedals wellgo v8 copies

The bike is ready to go and is really great fun to ride - single pivot simplicity gives a great playful feel to the bike

I will be sad to see it go but it really does deserve to be ridden more than I can at the moment

Looking for £500 ono - ideally collection only but open to discussions around meeting posting etc as long as UK based

Based near Sheffield - work Just off the a38 near Alfreton

Cheers for your time

Matt

Re:

Interested in peoples thoughts - priced to high? Its a cracking bike would make a great trail bike for someone but dont want to be blinded by my own valuation if I'm off the mark

Thats a lot of bike for £400 - I brought one from Royles in 2006 - mine was slime green with a shiny Lefty - it was brilliant - I even master going down silly steep rough steps on it.

I wish I had kept t.

Yeah it’s a cracking bike I’ve loved owning it but as most people can appreciate I’ve just got too many bikes - I’d love to see it go to a good home as like you say it’s a really fun and capable bike - way better than the £400 price tag suggests

Back