Collectors Bike: GT Zaskar Golden Series - very rare! SOLD

Stahlfoto

Dirt Disciple
I offer a really rare and fantastic Show Bike for GT collectors or carbon bike fans.
It is one of the GT golden Series Zaskar Bikes, based on a 2009er Zaskar Carbon expert with unique parts, made by GT only for the winners of that competition series.
This one was the first price of the german race in Willingen in 2009. I bought it from the winner for my GT collection. But i don´t want to ride it and i need space.
GT built this bike as it is shown on the pictures. A very small series of this golden Zaskar hardtails and fullys were built and not sold.
They were only available as price fort he competition winner. It is a great shiny golden finish with selected black components and visible carbon stripes in the frame.

The golden finish is a real eye catcher, but it is too touchy to ride it serious. To make it more durable, i disasembled it and gave it to a professional painter. He aligned the hard cuts from the original paint and apply a clear coating to all golden parts. (Have a look at that great crank!!!) This job did cost more than 300€. As you can see, the bike is like new. It was just for some small tours without heavy usage.

The features are matching to a golden bike:
GT Zaskar Carbon frame
complete Shimano XTR 970 group with golden crank set
RaceFace carbon handle bar (golden coating)
Ritchey Matrix cabon /alloy stem
Thomson Elite seatpost (golden coating)
Mavic Crossmax wheels
FSA ZS-3 headset
Fox RL32 F Series fork w. remote lockout
kmz golden chain
Kenda Wheels

Everything is working perfect, brakes have new pads and fresh oil. I sell it inlcuding the crank tools and replacement oil / brake pads. Bike comes with the article from the bike magazine with the winner – so the history is included

It is not a present and is worth every cent. The Price is 2.200€ is the Price for the complete bike and tools/parts. It is possible to get the Frame / golden parts only - SOLD

Perhaps you will start the season with a breathtaking new bike!

cheers!

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,455
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,451
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,451
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,451
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,450
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,450
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,453
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,451
Re:

here some additional pics

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,444
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,444
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,444
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,444
Re: Collectors Bike: GT Zaskar Golden Series - very rare!

:cool: nice, as jimo said, it needs a price on it ;)

Shame the paint had to be done though.

GLWS

Mark

Re: Collectors Bike: GT Zaskar Golden Series - very rare!

mkone":1kafnhpw said:
:cool: nice, as jimo said, it needs a price on it ;)

Shame the paint had to be done though.

GLWS

Mark

I´ve added only the clear coating to it. The Gold ist still the original painting. But the quality from GT was not acceptable. The original painter did a worst Job. Example...the crank, he protects the polished part with a sticker and coloured the crank. But he leaves a hard cut and the golden colour started to break off from that cut. My painter did a smoothing of that hard cuts and edges and protects it with a clear coating. We made this early enough to protect the new state of the frame.

i own several GT bikes (old bikes) but i really like the golden one. It is great, but time to say goodbye! I think i will buy a standard Zaskar Carbon Pro from that decade. I like the frame design and it rides really great!

cheers

Back