FS: X-Fusion HiLo Dropper Seatpost 27.2mm

spacehopper

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
X-Fusion HiLo Dropper Seatpost 27.2mm £85 posted

In great condition.. came as part of a frame / fork bundle i bought recently for the forks.. a friend wanted this at the time but has since picked up a KS Lev instead..! :roll:

comes with..
27.2 dropper seatpost..
100mm drop
415mm from base of post to saddle rails
315mm from min insert line to saddle rails
2 different Bar mounted activation levers
kit to convert it to an under the saddle lever
Inner and outer cable

36899602462_18368156ca_c.jpg

36928831421_c0a8823c74_c.jpg

I see you also have a Trans-X dropper for sale, is the Hi-Fusion better? Am interested in one anyway, I have a Thomson Elite layback post to trade (amongst other things!) if you're interested in PX at all?

Re:

I was pretty surprised and impressed with the Tranz-X to be honest..

I was expecting to get a horrible, cheap piece of rubbish when i bought it.. but when it turned up it was actually quite solid, felt pretty well made and was quite light..! In use it felt similar to the HILO's ive used, but did operate with a bit more of a strange squelchy noise.. (but still functioned perfectly..!)

On the downsides.. the Tranz-x has quite a big seat head compared to other droppers.. so the distance between the seat collar and the saddle rails is quite big.. Fer instance.. The KS Lev that replaced the Tranz-X has 100mm of drop (Tranz-X = 80mm) but im able to put the seat at the same level as the Tranz-X despite them both being fully inserted into the frame...

I think the X-fusion would probably win over in the ease of servicing stakes as well.. ive serviced a couple and they were pretty easy to work on.. and whilst i didnt strip the Tranz-x down, it looked and felt like it might be a bit more of a permanantly sealed harder to get into / service unit

hope that helps!

Back