velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
NOW NOT FOR SALE

Alves 853 - 2000

this is built from an 853 Prototype Reynolds Flat-Sided Teardrop hexagonal tube set, prototype deep section chain stays that were made to complement the deep section main tubes, and Columbus Nemo seat stays

the dimensions are:
BB to top of seat tube = 18.5"
BB to Centre top tube = 16.25"
Top tube = 21.5"
takes a 30.0 seat post
1-1/8 inch headset
very light too!

This recently had the addition of an IS rear disc mount and fresh powdercoat in satin grey. Originally this had a hope C2 located in the rear triangle, but thought that was a little restrictive brake-wise for future proofing. The cable stops I had fitted on the head tube to prevent cable rub and it has an internal brake cable routing. This only slight issue is from a minor cosmetic point of view..... when Charlie was filing down the brake entry on the top tube he filed it a little too much! Before he painted it, he skiffed over it with filler. (should have been brass :facepalm: ) Obviously I'd completely forgotten about this until it came back to me and saw it. When it was blasted for its new powdercoat the filler stood no chance, which has left the entry hole looking like the paint is a little off.... a niggle, but wasn't worth a re-do.

Attachments

• 853.jpg
    853.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 2,580
Re:

After a few enquiries, I've weighed the frame, and it's just over 4lbs with the seat clamp bolt and six bottle bolts (two on underside of downtube for a crud catcher).

I've also just taken a few photos outside this morning, pics four shows a mark that I've only just noticed since taking it down off the wall, on the drive side seat stay, it's crazed the powder coat :facepalm: , and to show the brake cable entry hole which is obviously hidden a little once a cable is fitted.

Also I was trying to show just how deep in section the two main tubes are, yet how narrow they are in section (this is why it has fittings for a crud catcher as there's not much to prevent mud flying up in your face! :LOL: )

Anyway, it's a beautiful frame and its a shame it hangs on a wall rather than being used! :oops:

Cheers!

Attachments

• alv8.jpeg
    alv8.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 898
  • alv7.jpeg
    alv7.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 898
  • alv6.jpeg
    alv6.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 898
  • alv4.jpeg