Withdrawn : Salsa El Mariachi XL 29er frame & Fargo fork

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
No longer for sale (decided to built it up and try out "modern" big wheels).

Salsa El Mariachi 29er frame size XL (21"). Recently powder coated, no dents or damage. Lovely frameset, but I've realised there's a good chance I'll never built it up, so I'm putting it up for sale here.

Includes:
Salsa Fargo V2 fork in great condition, minimal use, with just over 50mm of steerer
Cane Creek 40 1 1/8 headset, minimal use
Salsa flip lock QR seat post clamp
On One seat post
Included bottom bracket is worn out.

280 gbp posted UK. Paypal gift, or else buyer pays the fees. For postage further afield, drop me a PM and we can work out what it would cost.

elmariachi-2.jpg

s-l1600b.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600e.jpg

s-l1600d.jpg

s-l1600c.jpg

Photos are borrowed from the ebay advert from which I bought this frameset, but there's been no change in the condition since I received it, as I have not ridden/built it.

Re:

Looks like a nice project for someone :cool:

What's with the adjustable back end? For chain tension?

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1czknmln said:
Looks like a nice project for someone :cool:

What's with the adjustable back end? For chain tension?

Mike

Yes, I believe it allows the chain to be tensioned when built as a singlespeed bike, but also to adjust the wheelbase length.

This was going to be a cool project for me, but alas at the age of 38 I don't have enough the time remaining to build and ride all the frames I have already, so I'm thinning the herd now.

Re:

38? :shock:

Is there anyone here older than me? :LOL:

At 48

Nice looking frameset, what tubeset is it?

Mike

Re: Salsa El Mariachi XL 29er frame & Fargo fork

Me.

I found you this. (Tears clothing)

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":auxiv00j said:
38? :shock:

Is there anyone here older than me? :LOL:

At 48

Nice looking frameset, what tubeset is it?

Mike

If I'm still riding retro bikes at 48 I'll be well chuffed (bad back).

Not sure what the tubing is, I know Salsa changed between TrueTemper OX Platinum and 4130 cromo at some point, and due to the presence of those rear dropouts I suspect this is the 4130 version.

The History Man":2lq6oq3y said:
Me.

I found you this. (Tears clothing)

It was a good find on your part, definitely. But I keep buying frames and not building any of them into bikes. I still have that Dynatech Mission frame unbuilt as well, plus a number of other Raleighs awaiting attention :facepalm:

The drop outs are idea for single speed conversations with out the use of a tensioner my mukluk fatbike

Back