FS: 2x SID extrem Casting, Simplon Frame

nostyle

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I need to clean out, so here we are:

I have found something a little bit extra ordinary - hawkpowers ultra lightweight SID extrem. To bring it to it's super lightweight status of next to 850g or something for the whole fork, the pre-owner drilled and milled the steerer, which made it to collaps. I bought the damaged fork to see what kind of internals are still inside - there was a super lightweight full carbon dual-air unit inside. :mrgreen: I will use that for my sons SID to improve weight.

So what is still useable is the tuned casting of the SID - please see pics.

As I don't use rim brakes at all, I have no chance to testride or use it, but actually it is a very, very much tuned casting. Next to the easy to see changes (no paint anymore, milled and drilled bridge), there are no more drop out protectors, no disc tab, and I guess the wallthickness is also reduced. What it still have are the bushings inside.

It is the lightest Casting that I know and ever have seen (And I guess it IS the lightest Casting on planet). Was EUR 50,- now for 45,- :xmas-wink:

--------------------------------------
I also have a second tuned casting, should be from the same preowner. Label: SID race, silver paintjob, also no disc tab.

that one is a bit cheaper but still lighter than stock.
Calling out 40,- now for 35,-

Have multiple internal parts of Rock Shox SID forks - Cartridges, screws, dampers, feathers, original Stickers, and so on - I have about 9 kg of original and tuning stuff. :D so if you need something, drop me a message. Price on request (depends of what you need).

Then there is my ol' Hardtail-Frame. It is a premium frame from Simplon, weight a little bit more than 1000g, super rigid, M-sized, 26" wheels, disc only, straight steerer 1 1/8".

I bought that frame damaged and let it repair by a professional. Afterwards I build it up at 7,2kg, and ride about 2k km, so learn, I prefer a full suspension bike.

Totally functional - if you can live with the optical issues of having 2 unmatching carbonfiber-patches on it (UD is original, prepegs on repaird places) you may get a bargain.
Asking EUR 350,- for it. anyone for 300,-?? :xmas-cool:

Each item + Shipping (I will do worldwide, prices pls. look at http://www.post.at)
or Pickup next to or in Vienna/Austria

I sell all item as they are - no warrenty, no returns, but for reasonable price. You get what you see, no blinders or unmentioned damages. I accept Bank transfer or Paypal

I will also trade, esp. interested in lightweight stuff. ;) we can add money on both sides, just feel free to drop me a message

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Re: FS: 2x SID extrem Casting, Steinbach V-Brake, Simplon Frame

This pre-owner - does he have any good reputation or is he just a lunatic with access to a lathe & mill?

Have the lowers ever been ridden?

Preowner is Hawkpower. Have you ever been on weightweenies forum?

He build this fork in german mtb-news forum, here is the link: http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/sid-extrem.242181/
Weight difference are the dirt seals and Bushinhs, which are pretty light anyhow.

Link with pic to second Casting, somewhere in the middle...
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 3&start=60

I hope that helps. I got no more Informationen accept his real Name, that I dont want to publish here. ;-)

pitty I have just gone over from V's to discs as I have just got my old SID's v tabs shaved as opposed to the disc tab. Mine are just iover 1000g but have been looking everywhere for one of the MMM-bikes extreme II carbon internals. If you don't re-use it I would defo be interested. Do you have a list you can send me of the other tuned parts.

Back