101.3 KB · Views: 895
  • DSC_7223.JPG
    DSC_7223.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 895
  • DSC_7219.JPG
    DSC_7219.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 895
ishaw":3ta11ohn said:
Very nice. What size human will the medium frame suit?
well im not really sure im 5/6 and its ok with the seat low so would be ok to someone about 6 foot i would think mate try the ibis website might be something on there :)

Cheers. I'll take a look. I was going to offer up a mint litespeed obed FS (amp rear end, titanium front) frame, amp f3 xc (titanium coloured) fork plus various build component options as I have been amassing them for years but have never got around to building it up. Also got an amp b5 and possibly an sts I could consider letting go. It would be a wrench but maybe even my dbr axis tt? Any of these interest you?

ishaw":157hxhab said:
Cheers. I'll take a look. I was going to offer up a mint litespeed obed FS (amp rear end, titanium front) frame, amp f3 xc (titanium coloured) fork plus various build component options as I have been amassing them for years but have never got around to building it up. Also got an amp b5 and possibly an sts I could consider letting go. It would be a wrench but maybe even my dbr axis tt? Any of these interest you?
might be interested mate would be nice to look at a few pics :)

I'll try to get some pics sorted, been wading through my sea of stashed parts trying to sell them, and I can almost get to the boxes that the frames are in now.

I've been doing some research and there are conflicting opinions as to whether this would fit me at just shy of 6ft. It is a lovely thing though, and if you are interested in anything I have, I would happily give it a go and find out one way or the other if it fits.

Here's an old pic of the litespeed the day it arrived. It is still the same as it was put back in the box and aside from sharing with an Amp B5, hasn't moved since (unless you count my house move):

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Here's an STS I made earlier (though a retro-mod). Just building up another in a similar fashion:
file.php

And my DBR:
file.php

Re:

the dbr is beautiful mate i may have the reverse problem on your frames tho being 5,6 would i be able to get on them lol

what price do you value your bikes at as i dont really know ive tried to do a little research but as with all retro it is hard as condition parts etc etc all come into play :)

Re:

the ibis is now only waiting on the new seat to arrive should be here tomorrow i hope :)

Attachments

• DSC_7247.JPG
    DSC_7247.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 632
I do like my DBR. I tend to go for 18 inch frames which in theory are too small, but that is how I like them (my back doesn't agree though).

It sure is tricky to value things. The DBR is a bike I'm on the fence about letting go. It was something I built during a difficult time so has sentimental value, plus it was a trial too, so blood, sweat and tears went into it.

Condition wise, I'm a bit picky so everything is as close to new as I can get. The rear XTR hub for example on the DBR was new and has done about 3 miles. I don't like marks or scratches (which is why I barely ride the older bikes I have). In fact a reason why my newer ones don't get ridden either.

Back