GOLD! rare? 98 GT Avalanche 6061 frame SOLD PP

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
THIS SOLD ON EBAY - JUST WAITING ON CASH/COLLECTION

Ladies and Gents,

This frame belongs to my best long time pal Dave, he has owned it from new (circa 1998-99) and bought it as a frame only option from the back of MBUK. He is not a retro bike user and has decided he wants to shift it on in order to buy a new bike which works – this was a bit of a frankenbike build from odds and ends over the years and it has been sat in his mums garage for about 6-7 years unridden and un loved! Some of the components are pretty much scrap but he does have a set of bombers and some deore bits and bobs which might be worth cleaning up and selling - if the frame sells!

Now as far as I’m aware this is a bit of a rare one, its custom butted 6061 Alloy and it’s gold! I have only ever seen one other model the same and that was on this website, it doesn’t seem to exist in the catalogue in this colour but I think it’s a 1998 model.

Now, when I asked Dave what he wants for it he wasn’t to sure what it was worth, it’s in pretty good condition, the worst bit of damage is where the tyres have clogged up with mud at some point and rubbed away at the chainstays causing little grooves to appear, I wouldn’t say that this is a big issue though… the over all paint work is pretty good and the headset cups and BB will be removed before sale, I can’t do anything regarding posting/collection until next weekend (March 5th) at the earliest as Dave is away with work and I have a lot on this week so please express interest here followed by a PM and we can work something out.

It measures 16 inch centre of BB to centre of seat tube and just over 18 inch to the top of the seat binder, that makes it a GT 16 inch size.

So as for price, £80 posted, £65 collected from Salisbury or just outside Winchester if that’s easier.

I do apologise for the spots of muck round the welds and BB area, it was to cold yesterday to start getting the cleaning kit out!

Re: GOLD! rare? 98 GT Avalanche 6061 frame

that is NICE!
I must not get another bike though.
Definitely.
Although....
NO DAMMIT!
have a bump

Re: GOLD! rare? 98 GT Avalanche 6061 frame

You don't see many gold bikes around! Someone will be real happy to get it I'm sure.

Back