Setavento titanium frame (repaired)

stevet1

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Custom Setavento Titanium Frame. Builds up into a great xc bike that can also be used as a play bike with the low standover height.
Specs are -
70 head / 73 seat
18" seat tube
23" effective TT
BB drop - 12.5mm
16.5" chainstays

Takes 26" wheels, standard 1 1/8" headset and a 27.2 seatpost.

24274793371_73d8a2655e_z.jpg

24249031852_767f97b298_z.jpg

23729043874_ec0314a3c9_z.jpg

24248987582_a06e1a56cc_z.jpg

Unfortunately after a few years it developed a crack at the seatstay/seattube interface which was repaired by Vernon Barker. Not the neatest repair but he assures me it will be effective.
24249018352_c216a2209a_z.jpg

After I stripped it down I noticed what looks like the same thing happening on the opposite side so it may need another repair at some point. The original repair was £50, I expect this would be similar
23730417533_a4bd52f125_z.jpg

Please ask on here or email me if you want further information. I do have some photos of it built up but these aren't on flickr, also i have the original frame design drawing.

Looking for £150 plus a contribution towards postage (£10?) if pickup in NW not possible.

Cheers.

Designed around 120mm forks. I had a set of adjustable forks on it and found it was best around that length, 10mm more or less either way wouldn't hurt the handling.

Re:

Thanks, I'll have a think and get back to you. I think really I want something like a Cotic Bfe that will run longer forks but I'm pretty tempted by having a Ti instead. Cheers.

Well I'd say that if you're super hard on frames then get the BFe or similar (Stanton). If you like a more versatile frame or have a bit more finesse then this frame is ideal. pm me if you want pics of it built up.

Re:

How much does it weigh?
I'd love to see a photo of it build up.
Also could you maybe offer to have it repaired prior to posting? For the extra price of course.

That could probably help the sale.

Re: Re:

drøn":175zcg7e said:
Also could you maybe offer to have it repaired prior to posting? For the extra price of course.

That could probably help the sale.

I did wonder about that, but this way I'm giving the buyer the choice of where they want to have it repaired, Vernon Barker was cheap but for a little bit extra the cosmetically nicer work done by Enigma cycles on the Cove in the bike forum could be worth it to them.

For info the frame weight is 3lb 10oz.

Back