hope m4 brakes dh sold sold sold

hurcytm

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hope M4 brakes Very good condition for age, few marks to still very tidy.

Number 6 front caliper
number 8 rear caliper
work super very powerful brakes.
£ 85 posted
Paypal gift or paypal goods. for goods please pay the fees the brakes will be shipped first class recorded delivery
disc size needed to run these brakes are roughly 203-205mm front and 185mm rear. Sold sold

Attachments

• IMG_20151116_205709-1.jpg
    IMG_20151116_205709-1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_20151116_211019-1.jpg
    IMG_20151116_211019-1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 591
Re:

#6 is Boxxer fit 205 mm and #8 is a #3+20 mm so generally did 185 on the rear or pushed to 205 with a +20 adaptor

Re:

Front was fitted to rockshox boxxer race.
Front disc measures roughly 203 to 205mm
rear disc measures roughly 185mm

this size discs are needed to run these brakes.

Re: hope mono m4 brakes dh

These aren't the mono m4 brakes these are jus hope m4 calipers with modern levers

From memory theses should have the same type of lever as the hope c2 pro lever and have an non ajustable top cap

Re:

As ba57ard says they are the Original M4 disc brake calipers. There's no problem running them with the newer Mini lever as both sets I have use the Mini lever, can't say for certain but Hope may have made them with the Mini lever too. I'm sure I also bought mine, 2nd hand, 1 set for certain, with the Mini lever.

Caliper numbers and corresponding disc sizes whether front or rear brake use, here, http://web.archive.org/web/200101082359 ... _index.htm

If they were both #8 calipers I'd have had them off you for that price.

Re: hope mono m4 brakes dh

so what is every one saying these brakes are not hope m4 mono, mini. brakes why be so critical
brakes come straight off my 2001 orange 222 dh bike which is kind of how I bought it with brakes on it
im not that up on brakes.
they say hope m4 on calipers and levers look kind of smallish like mini ones
I have the original rotors still fitted to the hope bigun hubs/wheels
the brakes work spot on
funny really as on abay sellers are asking twice what im wanting for them.
sorry if im some how wrong. ive changed the listing so they say hope m4
and not mono or mini ect

Re:

I don't think anybody was criticising you, we were just trying to give you more info.
The more info buyers have about what you are selling the better, don't you think?
As I alluded to in my post, you've priced them very temptingly, they look in great nick.

Re: hope m4 brakes dh

I was only tryin to help with giving u the right name for ur brakes nothing else

So it would help u sell the correct product and save yourself from a refund as u had listed them wrong in the original title

Re:

Thanks guys no offence ment .
I dont have a clue when it comes to brakes.
I had not idea exactly what model hope brakes they are.
.to me they just look like old hope m4 with the mini type levers. there s many the same on ebay. Possible some have different numbers on the calipers.
I got them with the bike I never swapped anything over or replaced the levers .
they work spot on strong as u like
any info is more than appreciated.

Back