Trek 6500 Disc Alpha SLR Frame in Black Chrome, SOLD

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got a nice Trek 6500 Disc Alpha SLR frame for sale. I've been meaning to build this up for ages but haven't had a decent set of disc wheels to make it worthwhile so it's sat in the garage waiting. From 2007/2008, very lightweight (I've weighed it at 1.92kg including the fitted headset), and in a very nice black chrome finish. Trek Size Large (19.5" BB centre to top of seat tube, 24.6" effective top tube). Disc only, which is the only reason I'm selling it. Condition-wise there are some marks to the finish as to be expected but overall it looks really nice. A small area of paint damage with a little bubbling on the head tube, as pictured, but otherwise only minor marks. Please note that one of the bolts in each of the sets of bottle cage bosses just turns without tightening or loosening (the thread on the other boss is fine in each case).

Includes either a fancy aluminium Bontrager seatpost which is a bit scuffed up (31.6 x 400mm), QR seatclamp, as well as a SRAM front mech if required. The headset installed is complete apart from the race than fits onto the fork. I have some other spare parts here and there that I can sell with it if you need anything.

NOW AT A CLEARANCE PRICE OF £40 collected NOW SOLD

Re: Trek 6500 Disc Alpha SLR Frame in Black Chrome

I'm 6' 0 and it looks the kind of size I'd ride (I've never built it up myself), though the chap I bought it from was certainly taller than me. Just done a few quick measurements:

BB centre to top tube centre: 42.5cm (approx 16.75")
BB centre to top of seat tube: 49.5cm (approx 19.5")
Actual (not effective) top tube length, Head tube centre to seat tube centre: 60.0cm (approx 23.6")

So, as far as I can tell from these measurements that makes it a Trek size Large (= 19.5"), which according to the specs for this frame has an effective top tube of 62.5cm (24.6") - that certainly seems about right, though I'm not so confident about doing that measurement accurately for myself!

Re: Trek 6500 Disc Alpha SLR Frame in Black Chrome, Size L, £55

Another bump for this frame - might well be able to deliver it for free to the Southampton area and surroundings during the next week.

Re: Trek 6500 Disc Alpha SLR Frame in Black Chrome, Size L, £55

Forgot about this till I saw it in the back of the garage this morning - ideal Christmas present (for yourself)!

Re: Trek 6500 Disc Alpha SLR Frame in Black Chrome, Size L, £40!

Have to clear the garage out before Christmas so this beautiful frame has to go - a one-off giveaway price of £40 collected (or possible local delivery depending on where you are and where I go.)

Latest posts

Back